Idaho OTC....Here We GO!!

AZTriax

Feb 18, 2019
Alright guys and gals....another nonresident chasing the elk dream heading to Idaho. Waited 8 years to draw in AZ for my first archery elk hunt and came home broken hearted and empty handed. I WILL NOT WAIT TO DO THAT AGAIN!Currently narrowed down to Units 31(Brownlee) or 29(Lemhi). Thoughts on these?
Also told Sawtooth was the way to go but with only 43 tags going to NR as far as i can tell thats gonna be awefully tough to get my hands on.
Be Gentle.....lol

Have you ever laid eyes on any of it? Neither one is going to be a cake walk and they're both way different.

Nope I havent. Pretty fit and used to elevation living in Utah currently so Im not terribly worried about earning it. Plan to do some camping/ scouting this summer

If you're interested in Sawtooth you have just as good a chance as anyone to get a tag so give it a shot! Brownlee is a lot of steep, open country. I'd try closer to the Snake River side of the unit in those deep draws. Lemhi is also very steep but more forested/mountainous terrain. Decide what landscape appeals more to you and go for it. There are elk in them hills.

Bull_Fighter said:
If you're interested in Sawtooth you have just as good a chance as anyone to get a tag so give it a shot! Brownlee is a lot of steep, open country. I'd try closer to the Snake River side of the unit in those deep draws. Lemhi is also very steep but more forested/mountainous terrain. Decide what landscape appeals more to you and go for it. There are elk in them hills.

Thanks for the reply! My worry with sawtooth is the group of us, 4 simultaneously getting a tag would be tough lol. All I've got to go on right now is gohunt and bull:cow, Harvest success and public land all have me pointed to brownlee or lemhi. Worry with brownlee it looks like a smaller area and roads galore so it might be tought to get away a bit?

ribo451 said:
You can put in for a group application so you either all draw or none of you do.

How does that work on OTC though? When I spoke with the gal at the office, she said we would all need to be at the ready on the computer and pray for it lol

Sorry. Group applications are for draw units. I don't know if you can do a group purchase of OTC tags.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back