Idaho sawtooth zone

Bullhunter

Jan 2, 2013
Anyone ever have any luck in the sawtooth zone unit 34 for archery elk? How does the wolf population look?

I figured it wasnt too bad but when i was in unit 34 near Deadwood Reservoir I could hear some wolves howling at night.  Didnt sound like too many but again where theres one theres more.

well i hunted the Sellway for years and ill tell ya i wont be back for years i think i am a fair hunter but i cannot compete with them. me and my partner decided its time to try other states with less or no wolves. when we started going out there we saw game every day. last year we saw a doe and two fawns the last day of the hunt herd nothing saw nothing but wolf and wolf sign every where

I hear you, I have been hunting units that are over crowded and with little wolf population and I usually see elk everyday. I'm just looking for a unit with less people and little wolf population so I don't have to compete with the two.

Sawtooth has alot of wolves still even though a lot are getting killed, they have a cap on tags in that zone and are now sold out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back