Idaho Unit 39 Trinity Lakes area

Alphatangovictor

Aug 21, 2017
Hey everyone. First time hunter here, well actually went out with some buddies for the first time last year and was instantly hooked. However this year i may be riding solo so need a lot of help...I don't want to come in here and just straight up ask where are all the elk at! and hope you all tell right where to go:) So I have been out finding an area i would like to hunt ..So I have been up [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]the Trinity Mountain area to doing some scouting. I was actually west of Big Roaring River Lakes just inside the boarder of 39. I saw what look like fairly fresh tracks but that was about it. Anyway just wanted to get some thoughts on the Trinity area (West of Trinity lake) for elk hunting Nov 1 to Nov 9. Is that area good for elk? Anyone ever hunt it with success? Im willing to get off the roads and head in on foot 4+ miles but if I am alone that is alot of meat to pack out by my self. Anyway if anyone has any thoughts on Trinity area it would be much appreciated! ALSO If anyone in the Boise area needs a hunting Partner or someone to help pack out let me know. Just ask in return some knowledge on hunting elk. [/font]

Shoot me a PM. I'm relatively new to hunting in Idaho. I'm looking for some hunting partners. Maybe we can work together next year.

Graham

I know this is from last year, but i was hunting the trinitys last year. On october 19 after the snow hit hard the week before. I noticed the deer went down and all the elk went up. walking the top of the ridge headed farther from the main roads i ran in to more and more elk. No deer of coarse and out of season elk. I was maybe 2 to 3 miles in and on my way back i ran into a bachelor herd of bulls. there was five in the herd,three 5 points one 4 point and a spike, one had a broken antler which was awesome. Nice bulls but nothing huge, but it would fill the freezer. its not a bad hike in but a easier hike out. i did get some nice videos of the herd of bulls, i spooked them when they walked past me but little bit of cow calls turned them right around and came but within 60 yrds easy shot on any of them. im looking to do that hunt this year since i know where they are if they are still in there. like they say hunting is unpredictable. But there is definitly lots of elk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back