Idaho Unit 45 Elk hunt

crew25

Jun 24, 2013
I have drawn Unit 45 in Idaho (cow tag only), but I am still pretty stoked. I live with in 45 mins of the unit which makes it all the better. But I do know that ALOT of the land is posted along the roads, which makes it tuff to get to the blm land behind all of that.
Does anyone have any intel on getting some passage access to get to the blm land. Like I said I live close, but I am not a old time local in the area so I dont have any old friends. And I have heard stories that some (alot) of the ranchers will not give anyone access thru their land.

There are actually a decent amount of roads that will take you into all that BLM area.  There is also Access Yes land that you can hunt as well. Get on the idaho fish and game interactive map and you will be able to find some roads that get you in there. I have bow bunted that unit before and once you get into that BLM area you will have plenty of room to hunt. Also check with the local BLM office for some of their maps. It will definitely help out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back