If I Don't Win The Sitka Bino Bivy...

inzane

Mar 23, 2018
MODERATOR EDIT: this question was posted in the Sitka Giveaway thread, so I wanted to move it here to have others comment. Here is the question from Gcarter:

Gcarter said:
IF I don't win the Sitka Bino Bivy....

Any recommendations on a good quality bino harness?  I'm considering Mystery Ranch. :help2:

I got the Kuiu harness a couple weeks ago and have been on a couple hikes with it. I really like it but have nothing to compare it to. Comes with a rain cover and an extra harness for the bottom so you can run the system without the bag if you want.

Gcarter said:

Any recommendations on a good quality bino harness?  I'm considering Mystery Ranch. :help2:
I have had the AGC and i had to replace it(it was stolen). I got the muley freak and it is nearly perfect for me. It has a zipper pocket on the front, for my release and the harness is small which I like.  The medium is a bit tight on my 10x42 Mavens and if I had to do it over I would buy the same exact harness in a large as it takes 2 hands to put binos back in my harness now. Hopefully it loosens a bit with use. 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

inzane said:
MODERATOR EDIT: this question was posted in the Sitka Giveaway thread, so I wanted to move it here to have others comment. Here is the question from Gcarter:

Gcarter said:

I got the Kuiu harness a couple weeks ago and have been on a couple hikes with it. I really like it but have nothing to compare it to. Comes with a rain cover and an extra harness for the bottom so you can run the system without the bag if you want.

Alaska guild creations. Good pockets for holding fire starter, water tablets, knife and range finder so if you have to drop your pack you still have the essentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my AGC. I haven?t take it out west, just hikes around home and shoot my bow with it on. Seems like a good piece of equipment that will serve me well.

I have AGC KISS and FHF bino harnesses and like both for different reasons.  The AGC provides all around protection, keeping dirt out, but is bulkier compared to the FHF which feels more compact, but has less protection from elements.

If Frances (FM) gets in you don't have to worry about winning anything... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have the muley freak harness in large. It?s my first bino harness and I?ve only used them turkey hunting but they are pretty sweet. My range finder fits in the front zip pocket and the side mesh pockets are perfect for reeds and wind indicators. My 10x42?s are a little difficult to get out with one hand but they are held super secure when moving around so it?s a trade off.

I would say still buy the Sitka Bino Bivy if you don't win it because it is great. Although the only downside is no spot for your rangefinder

I was happy with my Muley Freak harness that I wore last year.  Light weight, low profile and held tight to my chest, even when running to try to get ahead of the heard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back