If You Live in Washington Elk Education

john503

Jan 2, 2013
If you live in Washington take the time to take your family to the Elk feeding station in Naches....Great views of what live in the area....Listen to the cows talk in group setting just a great education for the family.....

If you are on the west side and close to the Oregon border there is also a feeding station close to Astoria, Oregon.  There was  a white cow there.  Not sure if she was full albino, but was cool to see.

the one near Astoria is actually in Jewell off of hwy 202.  If you are in the Portland area you can get there by taking HWY 26 toward the coast and taking the Jewell exit.  You can call the F&G and schedule to help feed them.  Or you can just be there around 9am and you might get lucky and get to jump on the trailer and help feed.  I have had this happened twice to me.  There are actually 4 field to view with the northern one usually holding the biggest bulls.  One year there were 17 6pt or bigger rosies in this field.  It really is a site to see. 

Huntnfolk said:
If you are on the west side and close to the Oregon border there is also a feeding station close to Astoria, Oregon.  There was  a white cow there.  Not sure if she was full albino, but was cool to see.

would that be jewel?

Thought about taking the family to Washington for vacation. So now that i know of this, it looks like we need to make a pit stop there and check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back