Iowa deer

Luckily the young doe was low and fast so it was minimal damage to the truck, though I was going to get stopped, but alas, hated it happened. I lost count of the dead deer along the roads from vehicle collisions. My dad almost ran over a young 8 pt on our first day cruising and scouting, some of the ravines /drains are deep and they run across the roads and they pop up quick.

I did notice as long as you kept you truck moving the deer would stay still in the fields, but if you stopped the truck they would scatter, even 300 yards out. Evidently truck hunters are a real problem there and they are well trained.

Thanks for the update Bob!!!

I think you where there just a bit early (IMO)as the weather was warm and it changed the following week.

I have 3 points for there but right now I\'m using my vacation time to burn up some Elk points

\"elky McElkerson\" said:
(we may need to discuss your truck loading skills ;))

Hahahahaha, I didn\'t even notice that!! :lol: Creative packing right there! :upthumb:

If you guys would have seen the amount of \"equipment\" my dad brought you REALLY would have been impressed, when he pulled up to my house to head out he joked \" he thought he had room for me and my stuff\" and he wasn\'t kidding, it was close, you would have thought he was permanantly moving across the country. I know there were 4 boxes that he never opened and in fact, he could not remember what was in them..... but, we had them..... :?:

Im just glad he seemed to have a good time and saw a lot of bucks, that always make the day go by.

The first day, at dark when we met back at the truck he told me about the 10 bucks he saw throughout that day and after he shot at the first buck, he could not remember how to restring the crossbow to \"reload \" it and was is sitting the on the log with 1/2 his clothes off scratching his head talking to himself figuring it out and looked up and a 6 point was about 30 yards looking at him, once he finally figured it out and got it loaded, the 6 point turned into a larger 8 or 10, where he proceeded to miss a second time,,,,,,,,, :haha:

Attachments

• iowa dad.PNG
    420.5 KB · Views: 252
Hahahaha, good stories there! We have a guy like that in our camp...ends up bringing so much extra stuff each year that it\'s comical. We have intentionally limited the number of items we ask him to bring each year because one item leads to four. We brought him up goose hunting this year and he shows up with a big duffel bag FILLED to the brim. Who knows what was actually in there since he never revealed it, but it sure did take up space in the blind. He could have played the hunting version of Marry Poppins with that thing! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back