It\'s been a week

Swede, were you by yourself when you shot that big ole gal? How long did it take you to get her out of the woods?

Frank, I was by myself. I hate to admit it, but it took me about 7 hours total work to get her out. I used to do that job in half the time with no ill affects. One of the greatest lessons of the season, is that I am no longer 40 years old. I was so tired after butchering and packing, that I was becoming ill to my stomach, and quit at midnight. I came back the following morning to finish the pack out. It was only about 1/3 mile uphill to the road. I was tired for several days after that incident.
The Lord blessed me with a very strong heart and legs, but I am going to have to use my brains more.

\"Swede\" said:
Frank, I was by myself. I hate to admit it, but it took me about 7 hours total work to get her out. I used to do that job in half the time with no ill affects. One of the greatest lessons of the season, is that I am no longer 40 years old. I was so tired after butchering and packing, that I was becoming ill to my stomach, and quit at midnight. I came back the following morning to finish the pack out. It was only about 1/3 mile uphill to the road. I was tired for several days after that incident.
The Lord blessed me with a very strong heart and legs, but I am going to have to use my brains more.

Swede,

Do they allow ATVs or UTVs in your unit? If so, are you allowed to exit the 2 tracks for retrieval?

Maybe we can buy a BTO pack donkey and start passing it around with colt. :lol:

Swede, I\'m glad you made it okay. Kinda thought it was a one man show the way Oly talked. You earned that chunk of meat.

I was ok. It was just a lot of work, and I needed a rest during the process. It was always a lot of work at night, but now it seems like a significantly larger job. ATVs were not allowed off road due to extreme fire danger. I don\'t guess it matters as I don\'t have an ATV or vehicle to haul one. I don\'t feel competent carrying any large pack on a motor bike. Rather, I don\'t feel very competent carrying just myself on a motorcycle. :D

Swede, You need a pair of spitting llamas.

Here in CO, we can take a one day class to get certified for llama handling and then rent them from different llama rental outfits. The outfits will even drop them at your campsite or trailhead within a reasonable distance. I have never done this, but I considered it when I had a lofty goal of a difficult backcountry elk hunt.

They won\'t necessarily spit at you unless you piss them off and no knows says you can\'t spit back at them. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back