It’s August

Rich Z

Dec 29, 2012
How is everyone doing on their goals for the upcoming season?

I received a disturbing phone call from my dad Tuesday after work. He said he blew his knee out “it’s as big as a volleyball” he stated. So that kind of sucks to say the least. He is still planning on going but he may just be the camp cook and do some fishing in the local streams.

As for me I think I am as ready as I think I can get (I know I’m missing something). I’ve been hiking at a local state park that has some big hills and have been averaging 700’ to 1200’ elevation gain on my hikes. I still would like to lose a few more pounds (da*n sweet tooth) but I am 25 down from where I started and about 10 away from my goal.

Good luck to everyone on their trips this fall as Jimbow65 said “less than a hand full of weeks” away. We’ll be headed out September 5th for our (my) first elk hunt.

Rich Z,

It sounds like we are on the same type of training program.  It is pretty flat where I live, but we do have a nature trail that has 160' of elevation gain.  I spend my lunch hour there 4 days a week toting a TZ6000 loaded up with 75lbs of weight.  Couple that with my regular cycling routine and I am feeling pretty good about my fitness.  I doubt I will be saying the same thing come day 6 of the hunt :) . I too am just about to my goal weight only 4 more lbs to go.  Being a WI boy my problem is the hoppy nectar and the sweets[/size][size=small]

In the next couple of weeks I really need to get more confident in calling and will be studying google earth and watching Elk Hunting University until my wife boots me out of the house. 

Good luck to every one.  I hope everyone has the hunt they hope for.

PF

Im as ready as I can be, I biked 12 miles on Saturday with the little one in the cart behind me then went on my walk/hill climbs in the park all while getting updates on richs new deer stand, the pack usually weighs right around 55lbs, I am loving these speed freaks. Come on August 28 I can't wait to pack up and leave.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back