Just about had to shoot....

JohnFitzgerald

Mar 31, 2014
.....someone last night. Dogs started barking feriously at my back French door. I looked over my shoulder to see a stranger standing there looking in. Considering our back yard is fenced, I quickly realized he wasn\'t suppose to be there. With my Glock 40 pointing right at his face, he decided death wasn\'t worth it and left. Police responded quickly but were unable to find him.

I\'ve often wondered if I\'d be calm enough to pull the trigger if it came down to it. Well, the answer is yes. I was very calm and was thinking very clearly. I even thought of the background behind the intruder. If he proceeded to break in, I was in fear of my life and my families life so he would have got two center mass.

Didn\'t sleep much last night.

Sorry you guys had to go through that, John.
This situation reminds me of the sheep, wolves, and Sheepdog theory. Way to stand your ground bud.

Wow, that is crazy John! Did you have your pistol near you or did you have to go somewhere and get it? Makes me think about where I keep mine...

Way to go John. Aren\'t you glad we still have second amendment rights in this country.

I had something similar happen a couple of years ago. It was around 3 AM when someone pounded on my front door. My wife swung the door open and stepped to the side as I racked my model 37 Ithica. Something about that \"ka-chink\" sound that makes a guy crap his britches.

The intruder turned out to be my son in law. He was on his way to work for the early morning shift and had hit an elk out in front of the house. And he needed to borrow my pickup. I\'ll bet he calls instead of pounding on my door in the middle of the night if that ever happens again.

You never really know how you will react when the situation arises. Sounds like you did just fine John.

wow, scary stuff indeed. always be vigil. im like you, i wonder if i would keep it together should i ever need to. i hope i never need to.

\"cohunter14\" said:
Wow, that is crazy John! Did you have your pistol near you or did you have to go somewhere and get it? Makes me think about where I keep mine...

I keep a lock box up stairs and one down stairs.

\"JohnFitzgerald\" said:
\"cohunter14\" said:

I keep a lock box up stairs and one down stairs.

Sounds like my house.

Way to go JF !!

Why are these idiots so brave these days ?

Get a job and be a normal person in society !!

We\'ve been having lots of break ins and all kinds of BS crap going on around here too !! I wish we could shoot, shovel and shut up with a lot of the waste of society folk !! Seems we need a good cleaning as these scum bags keep getting away with everything. Slap on the wrist when they should have there hand cut off !! That\'s how its done in other countries and they know who the thieves are right away !

So as I am really upset with this stuff !!

Good on you John for taking it to that thug !!

Trav

EXACTLY on drugs and that makes it that much worse as they are not thinking straight. Same as up here in Alberta. I can understand a lot of folks are out of work and not all are out to hurt us but there\'s always a better way to get money.

Heck if I was that hard up I go sweep floors at McDonalds and Walmart. Probably work 2 shifts a day if they would let me !

That\'s way more safe then facing off a loaded gun in your face. A broom would look good !!

Trav

soap box on......
first, jf, as you narrated, excellent!
I believe, that over the years, society has taken away the accountability factor in most everything....
so everybody, especially youth/younger folk, have grown up thinking strange stuff. like everything is theirs... no matter the circumstances! and those victimized have been persecuted!
rant off, before it starts.....

Just a thought... As a retired law enforcement officer I remember when most folks had respect of the law and for the folks that enforced it... That time his long passed and is the reason I still carry a firearm everywhere I go (including church) and have one next to my easy chair when I\'m in it and on my bedside table while I\'m in bed... It\'s ashamed to have to protect yourself but you have to now days cause back when I was working we very very seldom ran across a armed burglar... Now it seems like ALL criminals are armed and in some cases better than law enforcement...

That was my rant for the day.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

arky, for some reason I didn\'t know/remember that about you..... I would like to hear more!
glad you made it to retirement, some days I don\'t think I will....

\"zpd307\" said:
arky, for some reason I didn\'t know/remember that about you..... I would like to hear more!
glad you made it to retirement, some days I don\'t think I will....

I went on disability before retirement and in all reality retired several years after disability.... While disabled I worked at our 911 comm center until retirement...

I feel for law enforcement today... I still have many friends working everyday in a very dangerous atmosphere created by politically correct politicians. I pray for ya\'ll daily as a whole and for some by name... I don\'t know if I could have continued to work under the conditions ya\'ll have now... I like to think I could but I\'ll never know... I also know I\'m glad I never had to use my firearm while I was working even though I know I would have if it was necessary... Now days there is a HUGE gray area of \"what is necessary\" is...

Now days ;) I don\'t have to be politically correct... :D :D

I guess I better get off my rant since this isn\'t the right place for it... :silent: :silent:

county mounty? how many years in? im almost 16 1/2, yes I am counting halves..... I have lived the roller coaster, but this has been the worst dip so far.....

I was both county mounty and city police.... 8 years with both and when I had my heart attack I was with the city and liked 4 years to retirement... After recovery I spent 3 1/2 years in the comm center... I didn\'t draw disability until I left the comm center and retirement a few years later... It was kind of strange how it work out but working on 2 different retirement systems it all came together after a total of 24 years... 20 years of working and 4 on disability.... :? :? I wouldn\'t give up any of the time I put in but would not want to do it again in these days...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back