Just wanted to say Hi!

Rzrbac

Jan 12, 2018
I?m coming over from BTO but it?s been awhile. I recognize some of the guys and look forward to catching up. I haven?t made it out west the past couple of years due to some health problems but I think I?m gonna make it this fall. Got a group of guys together and we?re in the early stages of planning for CO or ID. Possibly leasing private in CO but that hasn?t been decided yet. One thing is for sure I?m not in the same shape I was two years ago. It?s time to start working out. Especially after suffering such a despressing fall due to my beloved Hogs sucking so bad :???:

Well hi to all the guys from BTO and good luck to those who still may have tags to fill.

Rzrbac said:
I?m coming over from BTO but it?s been awhile. I recognize some of the guys and look forward to catching up. I haven?t made it out west the past couple of years due to some health problems but I think I?m gonna make it this fall. Got a group of guys together and we?re in the early stages of planning for CO or ID. Possibly leasing private in CO but that hasn?t been decided yet. One thing is for sure I?m not in the same shape I was two years ago. It?s time to start working out. Especially after suffering such a despressing fall due to my beloved Hogs sucking so bad :?

Well hi to all the guys from BTO and good luck to those who still may have tags to fill.

Welcome back Steven!!!!!!!!
We've got the workout/prep thread all warmed up for you  :train: :upthumb:
Don't forget NM apps just opened. Maybe you'll get another one of those magical phone calls ;)

For now we are looking at GMUs 15 & 55 in CO.  The guys in my group are familiar with those areas somewhat. I?ve been to 55 once for a few days. They invited me last year for a mule deer hunt but I declined because I wasn?t in shape. They were very successful and found quite a few elk.

I plan on stepping up my shooting skills this year and shooting some 3D tournaments to prep. I usually take my son to several so I may as well shoot while I?m there. I?m in the market for a new bow as well. Nothing wrong with the one I have but it?s a 60lb and I want to go back to a 70lb. Probably order something here in a few weeks when I get out to a few shops and shoot some new ones.

Started a diet a couple of weeks ago and will hit the gym soon. Gonna try to log some miles looking for sheds this year. I got into that a little last year and found a few.

Hogs did suck but it's got to get better since it can't get much worse...

Hope ya'll have a safe and successful hunt this fall...

Happy to see you made it over Steven. I hope your plans work out and you get out this fall. Keep us posted.

Right now things are looking good. My little group seems motivated, just have to figure out where we are going. Pretty sure it?s gonna be CO. Not exactly sure but the guy with most experience likes GMU 55 and SW CO.

I think some are wanting to put in for mz tags (elk or mulies).  I?m just taking a bow and buying an elk tag. I believe we are all gonna have a little get together next week to make tentative plan. I?ve missed two years so I?ll be happy anywhere in the mountains and more so if I?m not crawling over blowdowns.  :lol:

You impressed the he!! out of me in 2014. To have a knee replacement in April and be hiking
Mountains in September. Not to mention packing half my bull off that mountain through that blowdown.
You can do it. I know you can. You have plenty of time. Now throw on a pack and go find some sheds.

Thanks Terry, that was a lot of fun.

I packed my buck out like that this year (with a better pack :), hope we get to do that again someday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back