Kentucky Elk

KHNC

Aug 4, 2017
Anyone have any success in the draw this year? I applied for Archery Bull tag. Not this year.

I know a couple guys that drew cow tags tho. Anybody in here apply? Im not far from the E. Ky herd.

Ill try again next year.

i applied several years ago with no luck but havnt applied in years. i should start that again. im pretty sure dan applied.

Last time I looked the odds where like 1 in 630 to 650. I pretty much only bow hunt and they give out 100 antlered tags per year for archery hunters.

The good think is if you do draw the success rate runs around 85 to 90 percent.

Wow those are almost sheep draw odds! Here\'s to hoping the herd grows enough eventually to help the odds be a little more attainable.

Yep Sheep draw odds for sure, but the cost to apply for the elk permit is like going out for lunch, very affordable.

What\'s the odds for drawing a permit with 20 permits available and usually 40,000 plus apply???? :downthumb: :downthumb:

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
What\'s the odds for drawing a permit with 20 permits available and usually 40,000 plus apply???? :downthumb: :downthumb:

In regards to which tag?? Are you talking about bighorn or KY elk?

\"ltsheets\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:

In regards to which tag?? Are you talking about bighorn or KY elk?

Arkansas elk..

Kentucky Elk -

This year, 34,280 people from as far away as Hawaii and Alaska submitted 74,953 applications for the hunt.

Kentucky will issue 900 general and 10 youth quota elk hunting permits.

Might have better odds drawing a sheep tag !!

I got a Cow Archery tag this year. After 14 years of trying, I finally get the chance to hunt elk in my home state. I\'ve hunted all my life, but this will be my first time going for elk. I\'m trying to do as much research as I can and trying to make any local connections for advice.

\"Grog\" said:
I got a Cow Archery tag this year. After 14 years of trying, I finally get the chance to hunt elk in my home state. I\'ve hunted all my life, but this will be my first time going for elk. I\'m trying to do as much research as I can and trying to make any local connections for advice.

Awesome! Congrats on beating those odds, Greg! :upthumb:

\"Grog\" said:
Congrats Greg, and welcome to BTO! Not sure if anyone here has ever been fortunate enough to draw a tag in KY, but there are quite a few folks here who are good at punching elk tags. Let us know what questions you have or what we can do to help! Anxious to hear how it goes for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back