Kuiu hunting pants

VTHOKEE

Mar 4, 2016
Ok so I know everyone has their different opinions on what brand pants are better than the others. I currently wear my Air Force issued OCPS. The multi-cam pattern blends in great with the surroundings but I find myself getting swap @$$ more often than I should. Also, I don\'t feel like they breathe that well. I have been looking at the Kuiu brand of clothing. I have a couple merino shirts that breathe really well and also don\'t stink up like cotton shirts. The OCP pants that I am currently using are made from 65% Rayon, 25% Par-Aramid and 10% Nylon. Would switching to a better designed product be worth the price and comfort?

I guess it\'s your dollar. Spend it any way you want. If you think all this hi tech/hi hype stuff is worth it, go for it. But in reality, a good pair of BDUs and a package of Wet Ones will probably work just as well for a lot less! :wtf:

Maybe change your under stuff.
I\'ve never had an issue with the OCPs breathing bad!

You have to remember it\'ll be a lot cooler when you get back.

The OCPs also adjust 5\" where as the KUIU is only going to be 34\"/36\"/38\" etc.

I wore the summer BDUs the last 2 years in the woodland pattern. 50% cotton 50% polyester. I had no problems. I sprayed them way before hand with a water repellent and let them dry and air out for a few days.

I wear first lite Kanabs. I LOVE THEM. They are lightweight and breath awesome but are warm at the same time. They dry fast and when wet hold their warmth. If you\'re patient you kind find them used/like new for less than 100.

Dan had a good idea about the understuff... Maybe get away from the cotton boxers and go to something a little more breathable there.

\">>>---WW---->\" said:
I guess it\'s your dollar. Spend it any way you want. If you think all this hi tech/hi hype stuff is worth it, go for it. But in reality, a good pair of BDUs and a package of Wet Ones will probably work just as well for a lot less! :wtf:

Bill this is my other dilemma. What I have is free and the kuiu pants are about $80.00. It is hard for me to justify that. I might look into getting a better style boxer to wear like I mentioned in my above post.

I have the KUIU attack pants and they are a great with the 4 way stretch, breathability and side vent zips. They can get a bit warm for early archery seasons, but they are a great pant - probably my favorite followed by Sitka Ascents. My brother\'s bought the First Lite Corrugute Guide pant and love them as well, but all of these are pricey - especially compared to free.

I\'ve switched to merino wool boxers for the last 4 years and won\'t wear anything else for hunting - especially backpack hunting. They cut down the stink factor considerably and are very comfortable. I use both First Lite and Smartwool PhD\'s. I like the Smartwool a bit better, but both have been very good for me.

I have quite a bit of First Lite stuff that I haven\'t got a chance to wear yet. I got them for Christmas and my thought is even if I can\'t kill anything I will look good. :)

I got the Kuiu Teton pants for Christmas this year ... they\'re very comfortable, but I don\'t know how much I\'ll use them hunting ... they\'re fairly loud. Great for CC-skiing, though.

I have an older pair of the Attack pants, (and some BDUs, too, WW!) and ... I gotta say, the Kuius are a bit of a luxury, but they are very comfortable and durable. They are my \"go-to\" pants just about every night after work. A bit expensive? Sure ... and always follow my rule: \"Never pay retail\". The vents, the pockets, the material -- all good stuff. Necessary? Nope. Good old BDU pants would be more than adequate. Very good for the money, in fact. I have one friend who is ALWAYS in his BDUs. (I saw him in dress slacks recently -- for a renewal of vows -- and right afterward, it was back to BDUs. Some people love them.)

Check out Duluth Trading Co. for underwear

These have good reviews and Im looking into some myself

<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-armachillo-cooling-short-boxer-briefs-83737.aspx?processor=content\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/prod ... or=content</a><!-- m -->

Nothing worse than butt butter...

You can find wool rich merino wool boxer briefs at department stores for less than the hunting brands. I just bought a couple of pair for $8. I also got a pair of the Kuiu Teton pants for Christmas. They seem like they will be nice but for the money I would wear BDUs or ACUs.

Check stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Yeah I know not where I like to hang out but if my wife drags me in there I\'m gonna at least try to be productive :) I have come up with Calvin Klein merino wool sweaters for $10 and ice breaker socks for $2 a pair.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back