Last weekend of the season

AWHunt CDAID

Jan 9, 2013
Last weekend for elk hunting here in NI, I will be out sniff'n around for them. I do have a small rifle season though, Oct 25-29 and another short bow season Dec 1-6. I would prefer not to have to wait till Dec or Oct.

AWHunt CDA said:
Last weekend for elk hunting here in NI, I will be out sniff'n around for them. I do have a small rifle season though, Oct 25-29 and another short bow season Dec 1-6. I would prefer not to have to wait till Dec or Oct.

Go Get'M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good Luck & GET R DONE!!!!!!!

I am sure I have made numerous mistakes this year, I only saw one bull this year and was unable to get a shot, so I am chalking this first archery year up to inexperience.

I do have a [/size]a late season Dec 1-6 for another attempt at stickin one and a short rifle season Oct 25-29.

Any local guys want to get together over a beer?

AWHunt CDA said:
I do have a late season Dec 1-6 for another attempt at stickin one

What area do you hunt? I think the late archery is Dec 10th to the 16th if you hunt around North Idaho.

I might be wrong but that's how I remember it.

ribo451 said:
AWHunt CDA said:
I do have a late season Dec 1-6 for another attempt at stickin one

What area do you hunt? I think the late archery is Dec 10th to the 16th if you hunt around North Idaho.

I might be wrong but that's how I remember it.

Ribo you are correct it is Dec 10-16, good thing you pointed that out or I may have been out there at the wrong time.

I hunt various places from Wolf Lodge saddle, Meyers saddle, lately I have been going to an area around Harrison.

I've taken my boys out a few times during rifle. We have seen elk.  They are still out there, they are just scared.  Late rifle won't be any different.  They won't be settled by the time the short 5 day season is over.  I am taking all 5 days off, and me and a buddy are hoping to get it done.  We will be hunting in the panhandle.  Good luck to all of you! 

I took a friend out during late Archery Dec 10-16th last year, we got on bulls no problem.  The problem is the thick clothes, and 2 feet of snow.  We got in close to a spike with the herd, and rather than dog on my friend, he was a rookie and made a mistake that gave away our position and the elk were gone.  That was about 3PM.  We found them feeding on South Facing slopes in the morning and afternoons. 

Marc_350 said:
It's a good spot huh! Have you been seeing lots in there?

Marc, I found a few animals in there and will probably check out the back side for my short rifle season.  I did find an arrow that someone missed with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back