Late Archery in Washington

northwesthunter84

Nov 2, 2013
Just counting down the days for a late season trip, 9 more days until first light on a frosty hillside.  We have two cow tags left and a black tail tag each to try to fill.  The weather is looking good and I can't wait to try out some new ground.  Just wish I had another elk tag in my pocket, but there is always knowledge to be gained for next year.  I am really excited  and hopeful that my hunting partners will taste some success, because the best part is getting to see them experience the full gambit of emotions as they gain hunting experience.  Both are extremely new to hunting but after all the practice and hard work they have put in I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the show.

My son is coming home for T-Day and we are going to try and get a cow on Friday or Saturday. then he heads back to school on Sunday...

Thanks all, down to 4 days until we hit the road.  Good luck fullbull, hope you guys get a nice fat one.  I think I've inventoried everything 10X now, I hope the weather cooperates.  God I would love some snow too.

My son and I were into elk in the first 30 minutes of our hunt. I set him up and was using lost calf sounds, the elk were slowly coming towards my son but he could not see them yet (it was thick). The elk were about 40 yards away when I breathed in wrong and I coughed....dang....that was the end of that. I felt so bad but my son still thought it was cool. As elk hunting goes, that was the last we saw or heard of any elk. We left to come home after the next morning hunt as my son was feeling well.

Oh well, it was a great time just to be there with my son and share great hunting moments. Can't wait till next year!

How did everyone else do?

Got on a large herd, they stayed just out of range most of the time.  The only one that made a mistake for the guys was a bull but it was a cow only area.  We all learned a lot and spent a lot of time with the elk.  The last night I spent 1 hour watching a beautiful bull eat in the clear cut.  Only 300ish days left, man I can't wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back