Late Season Question

cbrick

Jun 16, 2013
Drew a late season cow tag in OR. Relatively new to hunting elk, but my question is does cow calling help in the late season?
My guess is it couldn't hurt, but not sure how effective it would be.

Cow calling always works IMHO. Learn to talk elk! Meows , chirps ,calf calls. Vary your calling. Get the DVD's from this site or the ones that come with the calls and listen to how these guys mix up the sound of the cow calls. I listen to tapes and cd's when driving and the real thing when I'm out and about amongst them here at home. I've even heard cows bugle,tho not like the bulls.

Like you said it couldn't hurt. I wouldn't expect them to come in bugling but they may respond letting you know where they are. Or if they hear you coming it may fool them into believing your an elk.

I am guessing that if it's a late season hunt that you can use a rifle?

Great points. Hank-I'm usually forced to practice my elk, turkey, duck, etc.. calls in the truck just to keep my wife from killing me! Thanks for the advice guys.
Yes its a rifle hunt, so that should make things easier.

Yeah my ex used to throw my call bag in the back and take out my elk music on a road trip.... 8)
I had  a blast last night trying to get the cows to make any sound when they came to my windmill well. Their very spooky due to drought..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back