Let?s see your bow for the years hunt!

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
new bow?
Old faithful?

Whatever. Let?s see the one you?re dangling in your hand as you hike in for the target beast.
Here?s mine. It?s new to me. In a lot of ways. It?s a carbon Defiant 34!  I had it tuned with new strings attached. It draws and holds great. Not Elite smooth, but respectable. Considering I am delving into shooting left handed. I?m still building strength. I have 4x turns out of the limbs. (For now). I think it?s pretty quick. I?ll fire thru my chrono tomorrow.

I just ordered a new bowsight. Crazy how expensive they are these days.

Here is ol faithful

6a7eb420f47e724b63de0e768e2ebfb5.jpg

I do have a surprise coming though,  but I need to take better pics. 
I picked up another bow and I?m just not sure if it?ll be my primary or backup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Dan. That?s a great bow.

You are gonna have a tough decision:  ?Sophie?s choice?

Note:  I just shot my bow thru a chrono. EXACT SAME FPS as my old bow. 270fps. My Hoyt is turned down four turns. At least I can space my pins exactly the same as my old bowsight as a starting point.

So this was my little surprise. I came into a really great deal on another bow. So now I finally have two. I just need to figure out which will be the primary and which will be the secondary. 

Thanks  Bowfreak (Mark) for helping me get this set up this weekend.

0bd24abe985b17ac2232faa2ebc3c9cb.jpg

d5992463f45d5a867033ba7330a1245a.jpg

f75fe24ee34d07eb92118d8b6df52662.jpg

0153d2624e003952cb7c739b42482249.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made the switch from old trusty to a new bow. If I can do it you can Dan.  I think after a little shooting the choice will be easy.  :tease: :-D :-D

that blacked out Hoyt is sweet..
i also love that tan one.  wish mine was a solid color. 

Boom said:
that blacked out Hoyt is sweet..
i also love that tan one.  wish mine was a solid color.

I changed the grip out to a black and gray grip to match my string  :upthumb:

CRAP!!

i just sold "old trusty"!!

i box it up tonight and it goes off to the new owner.  i hope the new owner is deadier.  haha.
i'll miss my Elite dearly.  it is the bow that i turned the corner on.  killed lots of turkey and even a deer.!!  and small game galore!! its the one bow that didnt make me look like a vegan.

Old faithful for me. So old, in fact, that it?s older than Dan?s backup bow!  :haha:

Hoyt Nitrum 34:
c386b6b80a5f2f8150c56ff3bc464455.heic

jstephens61 said:
Dang! Looks like someone has some sanding to do on the drywall!
Nice setups guys.

Hahaha, that?s my garage wall. And it?ll look like that for a very long time! I made the mistake of sanding and painting my last garage...never again!  :lol:

Here is my bow for the year. And the last several years. Its a parker phoenix 34 with e-z draw cams. This is the first animal I ever shot with it. I think it was in 2007. This was a small buck I passed on the night before. When he walked out in the last few minutes of shooting light I thought "Well that's a pretty good sized doe." I had passed on him about 6-7 times before this because it was on private property and he had a weird rack that I wanted to see grow. Oh well. He tasted good.

I keep thinking I will buy a new bow but this one shoots great and there haven't been enough improvements in bows for me to spend the kind of money they are asking for top of the line bows now. At least that's what my wife told me.

ribo451 said:
I keep thinking I will buy a new bow but this one shoots great and there haven't been enough improvements in bows for me to spend the kind of money they are asking for top of the line bows now. At least that's what my wife told me.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

ribo451 said:
Here is my bow for the year. And the last several years. Its a parker phoenix 34 with e-z draw cams. This is the first animal I ever shot with it. I think it was in 2007. This was a small buck I passed on the night before. When he walked out in the last few minutes of shooting light I thought "Well that's a pretty good sized doe." I had passed on him about 6-7 times before this because it was on private property and he had a weird rack that I wanted to see grow. Oh well. He tasted good.

tough to debate your successfull bow!!  badass.

i think the best improvement in modern bow design is the parallel and beyond parallel bow designs.  nothing new shoot faster (for the most part), but when those parallel bows spits out the arrow, the forces they exert are equal and opposite each other.  they dont recoil at all anymore.  it's nuts how shockfree a new bow is.

just saying. :)

My old bow is pretty shock free as it is. I didn't know shock was a thing till I shot some other new bows. The only reason I would like to upgrade to a new bow is the speed. Mine is shooting somewhere around 260 fps. I would like more speed so I can be less accurate on my yardage estimates when I don't have time to range something.

ribo451 said:
My old bow is pretty shock free as it is. I didn't know shock was a thing till I shot some other new bows. The only reason I would like to upgrade to a new bow is the speed. Mine is shooting somewhere around 260 fps. I would like more speed so I can be less accurate on my yardage estimates when I don't have time to range something.
nothing wrong with 260.  mine is 270(only).  but i have tiny T-rex arms.

My new bow is a Prime Rize. Pushing a 430 grain Goldtip 340 at 296 fps. I can't wait to harvest something with it.

Boom said:
Kdkehoe said:
My new Mathews Triax.  It?s amazing.

Whoa!  You got one!!  Very nice.

I did. I?ve shot several new ones over the years and just didn?t find the right fit. They all shot nice. As soon as I shot this one I knew it was the one. I even gave it a few days to talk myself out of it.  But all in all it was a solid purchase for sure. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back