Letoff...

dplumlee12

Dec 28, 2012
My current bow is a 2008 PSE XForce Dream Season.  70lbs.  The letoff can be set at 65 or 70%.  I have it set at 70%.
With time comes improvements... Are the newer bows that much better and easier to shoot? 
Should I start thinking about upgrading?

I upgraded this year my bow was old old 1970's vintage and I'm loving the new bows and let offs.  Plus I'm getting older myself lol.

Couldn't tell you if the newer ones are "that" much better, but I can tell you I prefer something with 65% or less let off. I seem to shoot better holding a little more of the weight.

I'm probably going to stick with my bow for a couple more years.  I think its more about the "indian" and not the Bow or arrow in my case.

If you can afford it, it wont hurt to upgrade, and then you will always have your old bow as a back up.

I upgraded in 2012 to the PSE EVO DS at 70#'s and can't believe the difference from my old 2005 PSE Vengeance. That that is seven years, there were a lot of changes if that time. The newer Xforce type bows are probably a little smoother and faster. I will probably shoot this one for at least four years before changing again. with 70# I prefer the higher letoff.

I had a friend that purchased one of the original ALLEN COMPOUND bows many years ago. It did not have much let-off and had cables all over it. Point is, he kept shooting that bow as I continued to upgrade every few years. He was deadly with that bow and never did buy a newer one. I of course continued to get new ones, but he said he could hit what he wanted to, so no reason to change.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back