lets discuss the BURPEE.

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
i am going to try them DAILY for two weeks.  probably spend the rest of the week getting the correct form down.  or maybe just start.  dunno.

i think 30 a day is doable..in 3 sets?

keep in mind i suck and i wheeze air :)

i tried a few and my form is pathetic.  i decided i need to slow the eff down, really pause between moves. at this point, i havent even decided if i am going to incorporate a pushup;)

what is a good starting method?  i need to get into better shape.

Just google 30 day burpee challenge. Pick one and get started.

http://www.gethealthyct.org/dev/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Burpees-Challenge.pdf

holychit..that ramps up quickly.

flip the page over..is there an EASIER track? :)  EASIEST?

If it's not hard, it's probably not doing much for ya. Embrace the "suck" and as the saying goes: "Just Do It"  :train:  :crazy:  :train:

Boom said:
holychit..that ramps up quickly.

flip the page over..is there an EASIER track? :)  EASIEST?

It only sucks while your doing it. 

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

That which we persist in doing becomes easy, not because the nature of the task has changed, but our ability to do has increased-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree, burpees suck while you do them. As 3xTDF winner Greg LeMond said, "It never gets easier, you only go faster." The thing I like about burpees is they are a full body workout that you can do anywhere with no equipment.

You can definitely do 30.  I like to do tests like how many max effort in a minute and the like.  Give that a shot and they will come around in no time!

I do a extremely active job in the oilfield. We hiked 3000 vertical last days off with no issues at all. I?m in the best shape of my life. I had a lite day at work the other day so I decided to do some burpees. It kicked my butt. I only did 25. I was sore for days. I really need to do more burpees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woody6899 said:
I do a extremely active job in the oilfield. We hiked 3000 vertical last days off with no issues at all. I?m in the best shape of my life. I had a lite day at work the other day so I decided to do some burpees. It kicked my butt. I only did 25. I was sore for days. I really need to do more burpees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work hard too. Sun up till dark or later.

When I workout I use muscles that don't get used every day. I do the P90X and it works for me.

Burpees are a whole body workout. I love them and hate them. :train:

If it?s your lungs killing you, get out and run more. If it?s ur muscles, do some other body weight exercises. Burpees are a great exercise. That and sand bag getups are the best

I can attest burpees are a little rough when out of shape, but if you stick with it they pay dividends haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back