Let’s talk 2023

ILbowhntr

Feb 6, 2013
Don’t think it’s too early to be going over 2023 plans.
Putting in for a Wyoming General Hail Mary. Buy a point if it fails.
Apply for my Colorado archery unit.
Put in for New Mexico.
Figure out the changes in Utah and possibly apply there too.
Unsure about Arizona cause I’ve got zero points. Guess Hail Marys work in Arizona too.
I retired from Illinois DNR in 2019 and going back to work for a private company in 2023. Hopefully the job will take me to some great elk hunting areas.
What’s everyone’s plans for ‘23?

I have a lot up in the air right now. Need to wait to see how tags are potentially changing in potential units I am looking to hunt. Definitely making some changes in my plans for next year, just need to fine tune those plans once that information is available.

No changes for me. OTC deer and elk in Idaho. Possibly buying extra non-resident tags to use as second tags if they are available. (They have been hard to come by recently.) I'm planning on building my house next year so how much time I will have during hunting season is a question.

I got a NR Island Park A tag for 2023. Hunted Sawtooth last year. Like last year, I'll be making a trip up to scout. I have some local intel but always looking for more. I'll be gathering all the data and putting together a plan. If anybody has intel they would like to share, I'd definitely be appreciative.

I got a NR Island Park A tag for 2023. Hunted Sawtooth last year. Like last year, I'll be making a trip up to scout. I have some local intel but always looking for more. I'll be gathering all the data and putting together a plan. If anybody has intel they would like to share, I'd definitely be appreciative.
Been a few years since I hunted IP, but might be able to help a little.

I have a lot up in the air right now. Need to wait to see how tags are potentially changing in potential units I am looking to hunt. Definitely making some changes in my plans for next year, just need to fine tune those plans once that information is available.
I'm right there with you! We had some guys camping with us this year that were local assisting an outfitter if he needed their help. They were told all of Colorado would be draw next year for bow but we talked to another guy that claimed the final decision hadn't been made yet. He claim to have got his information from a local game warden.

Not sure about this year. Will be transferring to my new duty station for my last tour in this damn 35 year boat club. I check in august 1st so going to just put in and pray for the best

Going back to my usual GMU 11 for antelope. GMU 3 for elk and deer. some things just work. Good. Luck to all.

Well, it’s starting out pretty well. Got my first choice turkey tag in Illinois.
Got a few more days before putting in for Wyoming elk. Hopefully stay on a roll.

Depending on Utah's new plan I think I'll be about 25% drawing. OTC Idaho as usual, local if I draw Utah. Will drive to new scenery if not.

Depending on Utah's new plan I think I'll be about 25% drawing. OTC Idaho as usual, local if I draw Utah. Will drive to new scenery if not.
Have you bought your Idaho tags yet? They have been selling out early lately.

I'm still researching Colorado for archery elk. I have 3 points and have narrowed it down to 551,48 or 57/58. Just had a Tenex procedure on my elbow so I have more time to research before the deadline.

Back