level on the sight

turbo1967

Jan 4, 2013
are you using a sight with a level to keep you bow level when shooting.It seem like a no brainer to most ,but I still run into people with out one and they dont seem to believe me the diff it make on accuracy,especially at longer distance.At 90 yards it seems just 2 degree can put me off right or left by over a foot.

It makes a huge difference, and it absolutely essential for accuracy on up and downhill shots. Not a lot of people pay attention to, or even know what a third axis adjustment is, but it definitely accounts for a huge number of left/right misses on up/downhill shots. Its any important thing to know about because if its not set right, then you will miss left/right on up/down shots even if your bubble shows level. Google 3rd axis adjustment to see how to set it properly.

Msd, I had never heard of the 3rd axis, but I googled it and I now see how important it is. Thanks for sharing.

I wouldn't own a sight without a level. A must a longer distances and shooting on hill sides.

Mine has a level but i rarely check it. When i do its usually level so i have gotten out of the habit. When i get a new bow i will have to make mental notes to check. Until I get in the groove with it ;D

After shooting at distances you realize how much it can affect you with your bow tweaked a little bit. Great point on the hillside too, little details like that can make or break that one chance in a season.

Makes a lot of difference on those "shelves" where you think you are level after being on the steep stuff all day...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back