Limb Driven Rest vs. Cable Driven Rest

radmansciteach

Dec 12, 2012
What are the pros and cons to a limb driven rest? Are they easier to tune? It seems like they have extra cord to get hung up in thick cover. 

There are pro and cons to both. I hear that a lot from guys not wanting to switch over to a limb driven rest, but never heard of guys actually complaining of the extra string getting in the way. Never once have I had it cause a problem or catch onto something. Usually if that's the case, your main string is also going to bump into whatever... 

I prefer limb driven arrow rest. No need to tie anything onto your string, hence... no need for a bow press in the field. Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro is a great one.

I am currently shooting the G5, limb driven rest, but have modified it so that it is attached to the cable above the rest. It works great and avoids having 15" of extra cord hanging out to catch on debris. (which is what I see as the biggest flaw with limb driven rests)

Nick

I'm a big fan of the arrow launcher staying up while arrow let down,  hence I'm shooting the QAD HDX. Just recently help install a Smackdown Pro on a buddy's bow. The ideology of the rest  is completely opposite from most conventional dropaway which is quite intriguing. Originally thought the long cable be an issue hunting in brushy country like Western MT but most likely you'll get hangup from your quiver of arrows or bow cables first before the longer cable.

I recently switched from a good ole whisker biscuit to a Ripcord Code Red and love it!  If I ever try out a different rest I would give a limb driven rest a shot and hold on to the ripcord in case I didnt like it. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back