locater bugel?

jackdaddy

Dec 25, 2013
So I have one season under my belt as a elk hunter, my first bunt was in pagoda springs on public land with my dad and a couple buddies. Now being from Missouri we don't hear elk a lot or have similar hunting terrain we went out there unguided although a friend of mine has guided out there for 20years and did point us in the right direction but other than that we were all new to calling and elk hunting period.before going I watched as many YouTube videos as I possibly could to get elk sounds and meanings of sounds and times to use these particular sounds. I'm doing the same this year gearing up for our upcoming hunt in sept and I keep hearing about a locater bugel but no video of what or how to do this any info would be great. We didn't hear many bugels the first week of sept we were out there I didn't k ow if we were to early or it was to hot seeing how I had fresh change of clothes in my pack every day I packediin.

Corey's article with audio files can be found here:  http://elk101.com/2009/08/elk101-com-elk-hunting-tip-4/

Absolutely grab the University DVD's.  I just received mine in the mail last Saturday and there is a great section from Corey on calling techniques and sequences. Best of Luck come Sept!

I agree about the Elk University DVD! It is a great tool from beginners to those that may have been hunting for awhile.

I have purchased Steve's calls along with his matriarch open reed call I love the tones and sounds that you can produce with the calls and I will say I agree I do a TON of practicingin my truc I travel for work so I spend a lot of time in there calling with Steve tips on YouTube playing.

Someone else here mentioned keeping calls in your truck. It's an excellent way to find time to practice driving to work, also your wife wont complain about your calling in the house  ;)  I'd buy a few different calls and see what you like and what fits your mouth best...everybody is different.

Arrows4Elk said:
Someone else here mentioned keeping calls in your truck. It's an excellent way to find time to practice driving to work, also your wife wont complain about your calling in the house  ;)  I'd buy a few different calls and see what you like and what fits your mouth best...everybody is different.

My dash board is full of calls lol of course so is my dresser (NO WIFE)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back