Locked Out

Deertick

Mar 2, 2014
Went yesterday to scout and put a few cameras up in my Plan A spot ... but it was a no go. There is a fire nearby, and even though I\'m miles from there, all the roads in the area were closed. No word on when they\'ll open ...

My Plan B is closed, too.

May be moving to Plan C or Plan D.

So, as a reminder to all, have backups to your backups!

Dang.
I did read that they closed some roads in Wyo but didnt realize THOSE roads!

Yep, THOSE roads. No way to get in there at all.

With the fire expected to burn until August, that\'s pushing it a little close for me.

SO ... we drove to another Unit and did some driving. Great country, and I think I have a few Plan D ideas. They need a lot more work, but I don\'t want to have to be doing this kind of planning in late August.

It is a good thing you went scouting and learned this so you can work on your backup plans.

Just another example of why you should have a backup plan.

That\'s probably going to change quite a few people\'s plans. Hope they do some checking ahead of time like you did and have some backup plans like you do John.

Bummer is it can put more pressure on other areas.

They\'ve moved the date out to third week of October now. Suspect that\'s based upon projected first significant snowfall from the long range patterns. Much of that area really needs to burn, but it sure will mess a lot of hunters up and compress many into other areas..

Scouted the area yesterday ... was able to get quite close to the fire, and as we spoke with the USFS employee who was blocking the road, we could watch it REALLY blow up ... the area I wanted to get to is a ways from there, but roads are closed that enter that drainage, so it was a no-go. In fact, a new spot fire threatens to go up that drainage today. Gusts to 60 mph predicted. Hmm ...

Looked at my \"Plan B\" area, and \"Plan D\", too ... Plan C is still up in the air. Plans C and D look very promising, but each has its drawbacks.

Now, I\'ve found out that the two guys that were coming with me have to bail out on the trip.

So ... I\'m on like \"Plan G\" ... which is also known as \"F-5\" or \"Reset\" ... or \"Turn it off and turn it back on and see if it works\"!

But ... actually, I\'m a little relieved. I have a tabula rosa. I really actually enjoy hunting alone, and I love new country. Looks like I\'ll get to do just that!

\"Deertick\" said:
But ... actually, I\'m a little relieved. I have a tabula rosa. I really actually enjoy hunting alone, and I love new country. Looks like I\'ll get to do just that!

Good luck John. You might find a new honey hole.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back