look what i brought home...

Zpd307

Aug 7, 2017
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->IMG_0085.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
getting back into a diesel!
my gasser worked hard that day..... towing over 17k for 7 plus hours from Missouri back home...

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 136
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->IMG_0084.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• IMG_0084.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 134
Nice looking truck what year is it?

I know quite a few people that end up traveling a good distance finding a good deal on the internet.

Those wheels look different on your white truck! I remember that truck having black rims. Both of those trucks are sharp! You seen my old beater, I hope that lasts forever but when it\'s time to buy a new one, I may go back to a diesel! Love that truck!

steve, you are correct. those rims will be going on the new truck. they are a direct fit to any 05 and up super duty. so.... why waste some tread, especially when I knew that I was going to be towing heavy! and, those black 20\'s really sucked what power that gasser motor had. I knew I was going to need every pony that she had :lol:
the truck doesn\'t look as sweet with the stock rims back on.... :problem:
oh, btw, its an 08 f250
don, this is the 3rd truck that I have bought in Missouri..... those southern boys get to drive around in rust free trucks :mrgreen: I get to buy them, only to have them start rusting up here... :evil: and for some reason, after spending a lot of time on craigslist, I am able to find some smoking deals! I found a comparable truck up here, think rust, that was almost $7k more!!!!! well worth the $250 in fuel!

Nice truck Gary! You may have to wash it a little more often! Tell the boys there\'s a turkey hunt waiting for every time they wash the truck. That\'s a win-win!

Nice truck Gary. I hope you don\'t have any problems with it and get a lot of life out of it. I\'m sure you will like the millage and hill climbing power better :)

My dad bought a 2005 Chevy 2500 with a Duramax diesel that has 195k on it. It has 800 or so miles on it since the last oil change and WOW! I can\'t believe how clean the oil is. I mean you pull the dipstick and it looks like you stuck it in a bottle of new oil. I remember changing the oil in my old diesel and when you started it up to check for leaks and then check the oil after to see if it is the correct level it was already dirty.

I sold my 99 with the 7.3 at 259k, I bought it with 199k. it never used oil..... leaked it, but didn\'t use :D
I hope it ends up being a good truck too, so i can pass it down to the oldest boy. dan :D

Great looking truck. It could surely be made ready for a hunting trip real easy. Just load it up, or hook up the trailer and fill with fuel.

NICE!!

wouldnt it have been better to swap the truck positions? pull with the diesel? maybe the new rig didnt have the fifth wheel attachment?

(why are they called \"fifth wheels\"?)

cliff,
it was a new to me truck, with high miles, an uncertain maintenance history, the front end is a little loose, and iffy tires. so my maiden voyage was not going to be blasting home trying to get back in time for our cub scout den meeting..... of which I was still late :downthumb:
I am a maintenance Nazi, and know my truck like the back of my hand ;) and because so, I would take it anywhere and do anything :wave:
I got it on the cheap because of all the afore mentioned things. a big thing here in mn is rust! we have a lot of it, Missouri doesn\'t! I am running a mathematical game of luck. the price of the truck plus needed repairs vs the value of the truck if it were pristine..... I have some wiggle room....
to be totally correct, there are 2 types of trailer bed hitches; 5th wheels and goosenecks. any travel trailer hooked in the bed of a truck has a 5th wheel. and im not sure why they have that name. any other tailer, like what I was pulling has a gooseneck hitch. and yes, this truck also has a gooseneck hitch in it! which saves me $500 and a ton of headaches of putting it in!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back