Looking for a workout

j_clinesmith

Dec 12, 2019
Hello,

I?m needing to get in shape for some ruff hikes. Any workout or excel or tips will be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_clinesmith said:
Hello,

I?m needing to get in shape for some ruff hikes. Any workout or excel or tips will be greatly appreciated!

There are a lot of variables here: age, physical health, etc. if needed be sure to clear things with your doctor.

What I would recommend is a mixture of workouts. One thing I learned about rough hunts, hikes, etc. is balance is just as important as strength. So I usually do workouts that evolve around body weight or dumbbells. These help build stability muscles which go a long way when you are walking on uneven terrain or through loose rock. If you are looking to shed lbs HIIT training helped me out quite a bit. Hike a lot if possible.

Also, on rest days or at least once a week throw in yoga, it will help with your balance plus it helps with flexibility. Flexibility is good to have when you hunt, helps you be comfortable stretching to good foot placement spots, stepping over logs and things, etc.

Everyone?s different and their body responds differently to workouts. I?d try a few plans and see what works well for you. If you have some basic equipment at your house, Beach body on demand is a great place to find a ton of different kind of workouts and it?s fairly inexpensive for the memebership.

Hope this helps, good luck!

j_clinesmith said:
Hello,

What are you looking to achieve? What do you consider rough or what factors will make it rough? (E.g. Distance, terrain, altitude, incline...) And what is your starting point or experience baseline?

Run/climb incline at least 1 mile per day. Then break workouts into days with one day off per week, chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders,/back, legs, core.Choose what day you want to do which workout. Monday triceps, tuesday biceps, and so on.
Setting a group of 5-6 workouts/lifts for each day. I like to do core daily . It's good to change these up week to week so you get full range with all muscle groups..
This works for me as I've lost 25lbs repairing for elk. This may not fit your or your schedule but a good base to work from.

look at the workout i posted in physical conditioning. it is titled navy seal workout. do that workout for a full body endurance workout. then do strength training with weight on the off days. balance is important and the full body workout builds it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back