Looking for new boots?

john503

Jan 2, 2013
Look no further....The Danner Expedition GPX is a Great boot for the 190 dollars....I have heal issues (blisters) but not with these....Danner hit a home run....Check them out if you are in the market for boots....

Thanks... I have been looking but nobody wants to put a recommendation out there.  I haven't invested that much into a pair of hunting boots yet but it's not out of the question.

Can't argue Kenetrek are good boots but for those looking around in the 190.00 and under price range Danner can't be beat....

I have worn Danner in the military for 7 years as an Airborne Ranger and now as a civillian (16 years) and they are hard to beat.....They also give you a one year warranty no questions asked return policy... I am sure others do as well but they are great boots for the money.....

:) Lowa Tibets! Very well made! Very comfortable!
I had to replace my Meindel Ibex that got too stiff,15yrs.

I had pair of Rocky boots for about 5 years and put LOTS of miles on them. I now use Carolina boots.

Lowa Renegade's have worked well for me this year. I've been impressed with the way they are holding up. Crispi Summit GTX look very intriguing as well... May have to be my next pair.

i have a pair of 400gram mountain extremes from kenetrek that i use in the colder temps, but for earlier season hunts this year, i am running the salomon quest 4dgtx. retail for about 230 but i really like them so far. they are solid and comfortable. in my opinion, the only danner made boots worth buying are the american made ones that will cost you. the others just seem cheaply made for the price. there are better options out there for  a little more money

Bought a pair of kenetrek mountain extremes and really like them. First thing I would do if you get a pair is change out the insoles. They gave me horrible blisters between my toe and ball of my foot. Switched insoles and they do great now. Very comfortable and stable boot.

I thought I'd try the Irish Setter Grizzlies I found for $170. Was a bit skeptical, but after wearing for a bit they are comfortable, light, and durable.

This is the most important piece of gear that a hunter relies upon. If you go cheap, the results can be devastating. In the past, I have "skated" by with some well known, but not highly touted brands of boots. Last year I told myself I was going to invest into some high quality boots. That's exactly what I did when I purchased a pair of Lowa Tibet's. The moment I tried these on, I knew I had found what I was looking for. I will most likely never purchase another brand of hunting boot. These boots cost me $300, but they are worth every penny. Don't be cheap when it comes to the most vital piece of gear a hunter uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danner is good, fits everyone pretty well- dry feet in slushy snow for 4 hrs then leaky.

Cabelas Meindl, Lowa Tibet, and Kenetrek are great.  Need to be fit for these! Dry feet all day no matter the conditions.
My advice is go big! But be sure to be properly fit for the great ones...

I love my Lowa Tibets in nearly every way!  Fit well, excellent durability, great support especially while traversing steep hills and side hilling. 

My only complaint would be weight.  I now own some Asolo Neutrons in hope of bridging the gap between the Lowas and a light hiking shoe.  Had to work on some fit issues, but they seem to be coming together now.

I like the Asolo boots too.  I have a pair, maybe Neutrons?, and they're great. I think a lot of folks really overdo it with the heavy, hardcore sheep boots.  Be realistic about what style and weight of boot you need.  If you need that stiff of a boot to keep your ankles straight when you're walking, then you probably haven't been training enough :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back