Lost & Found

RockyMountainHi

Dec 28, 2012
So, what have you lost while hunting and what have you found?  If you have lost a really nice  piece of equipment like a rangefinder or binoculars, make sure you post coordinates for those treasure hunters on here. ;)

For me, I have lost several bugles, gloves, a pack of diaphragms, sunglasses and a knife.

I have only found a few arrows from other others, so am still seeking that hidden treasure!

rose-n-arrows,
                    Your not alone brother! 3 right handed gloves gone this year! Maybe there is a glove troll in the woods...

Sometimes those right hand glove trolls are forgiving and put it back in the exact spot they took it from the very next year.  Needless to say, it was much more worn out and weathered than its left handed partner.

I've found a couple elk calls.  I've lost a hot and a spotting scope.  I guess I would say my wife lost the spotting scope.  I went down a ridge to find a buck she shot.  She had got the spotting scope out while I was down the ridge.  She forgot to put it back in the truck before we left.  Didn't realize it until we got home an hour away.  Had family still in the area, but the scope was long gone.

I lost a tikka head light after trailing a doe I shot. It on the north end of Long Bell hunting club right off the road by the owl stand first shooting lane to the left about a 120 yards down turn north and somewheres in a fifty yards semicircle area. Good Luckfinding it I know it was on my head when I started looking for her and was not when i found her so go get it!!

Lost the usual glove or misc item, but get this. I had shot an archery Elk in Idaho on 9/10/04 and was butchering it. I heard a person bugle and saw him and another person go by about 40 yds in very dense vegetation. I hunkered down and watched them. Later I was coming out and I heard them coming down the same hillside. I whistled and they came over. It was a guide and a hunter. I asked who was hunting as they had no weapon. The guide replied he was, but he lost his bow. These were the two I had seen come by my meatpole hours before and he had his bow at that time as I could see his quiver full of arrows. He had his bow on a bow sling, it came loose, they continued to walk and he did not notice for quite sometime that his bow was no longer over his shoulder. I about fell over, How do you loose your bow! The hunter had no response and I could not contain my laughter. Needless to say, I later looked for the bow on that hillside, but never did find it! Nothing like losing a Mathews bow, along with all the accesssories :eek:

Lost 2 gloves (both left hand of 2 differnt pairs) this year while taking out my youth hunters and my Havalon Piranta (the day after I gave an extra one I had to my nephew).  Once up near Dunkley Pass I found a laminated color infrared satellite image, and near that a gay porm magazine in a zip lock bag.  Never have hunted that ground again.

I've lost a few gloves, a few diaphragm calls and last year I lost my Bully Bull Grunt Tube which really hurt. I had strapped it to my fanny pack as we were packing meat out and by the time we got back to camp it was gone. I backtrack to the killsite and back to camp but never found it.

I have found a pair of binoculars about 8 years ago and 3 years ago found a Hoyt bow next to a tree. I sat down to do some glassing and a few minutes later looked to my left. There it was, just leaning on a tree. I guess whomever left it thought it was a good spot to glass from as well, but how do you just get up and leave your bow behind. Oh we'll...... I went to my local archery shop with the bow and as luck would have it they had sold the bow the previous year to a local guy. They always write down your info when you buy a bow from them so they dialed him up and told him I had brought his bow in. Lucky guy.

Mountain Bowhunter said:
While goose hunting I lost a pair of sunglasses that were in my front pocket.  Probly at the bottom of the lake somewhere

Hah, I forgot aboutthat one. I was duck hunting and lost my i-Phone. I forgot to zip up my coat pocket and I guess it fell off somewhere in the marsh. A few days later when I got another one my wife changed her rig from me to the hen mallard quacking and every time I would call her she'd say  "the ducks are calling me from the marsh using your lost phone"

ghost said:
Mountain Bowhunter said:
While goose hunting I lost a pair of sunglasses that were in my front pocket.  Probly at the bottom of the lake somewhere

Hah, I forgot about that one. I was duck hunting and lost my i-Phone. I forgot to zip up my coat pocket and I guess it fell off somewhere in the marsh. A few days later when I got another one my wife changed her rig from me to the hen mallard quacking and every time I would call her she'd say  "the ducks are calling me from the marsh using your lost phone"

haha ouch

Lost a duffle off a pack horse one time that contained my knives, box of shells and favorite hunting chlothes. Went straight back up the trail, never met anyone but never found the duffle either :mad:

Muddybull said:
Lost a duffle off a pack horse one time that contained my knives, box of shells and favorite hunting chlothes. Went straight back up the trail, never met anyone but never found the duffle either :mad:

man that sucks

Betcha those pesky glove trolls took your duffle bag and my grunt tube.
I've seen some pretty squatchy areas but I've never seen one myself.

I have hunted that area many times since and spent time looking down hill from trail where it might have tumbled. A bear probably got it as the fav hunting chlothes had been hard worn for about 8 days of elk chasing and smelled like a well seasoned bear bait!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back