Lost & Found

ghost said:
Betcha those pesky glove trolls took your duffle bag and my grunt tube.
I've seen some pretty squatchy areas but I've never seen one myself.
Great stories and thanks for sharing.  Some are just sooo amazing, that it makes them easy to believe...

I typically lose calls from my pocket when digging for other calls.  Pull my hand out with the desired item and the others drop on the ground.  Lost my favorite call last year that way grabbing my wind puffer. I remember my cousin losing his new binoculars in an open park once, we realized later in the day and went back.  Searched for a long time but did find them again.  Also lost a hoochie mama last year when it came time to close the gap on a group of bugling bulls.  That one is a permanent fixture of the hillside now. Can't say I've ever lost anything too valuable as of yet.  (knock on wood)

Montana_BackCountry said:
I typically lose calls from my pocket when digging for other calls.  Pull my hand out with the desired item and the others drop on the ground.  Lost my favorite call last year that way grabbing my wind puffer. I remember my cousin losing his new binoculars in an open park once, we realized later in the day and went back.  Searched for a long time but did find them again.  Also lost a hoochie mama last year when it came time to close the gap on a group of bugling bulls.  That one is a permanent fixture of the hillside now. Can't say I've ever lost anything too valuable as of yet.  (knock on wood)

Bugling bull has a wrist strap diaphragm holder I've been looking at.  Anybody used it?

I have lost many diaphragm calls, gloves, bugles, camo.  Have left 2 hats at kill sites only to realize when i get down the mountain. 

Found one of my arrows after a kill three years later and found it still intact and even used it the next year to take an elk.  Was stoked about that. 

I lost a pair of binos after I'd shot an elk and didn't realize it till I was home 4 hour away.  I went back a month later as friends were hunting then but had a foot of snow.  I was able to find the spot I thought I'd shot the elk in the middle of the woods and dug around for an hour and found them still intact!  I also lost a GPS a few years ago and didn't realize it till I got back to the tent.  It had snowed hard all morning so I backtracked and literally kicked the snow off the trail I was on for probably 1 mile and I actually found it under 6 inches of snow when I spotted the string.  Boy was my leg tired from kicking snow!

I seem to lose gear every year even though I tell myself to do a double check when I move on. I've lost binos, knives and a few calls. Found a lot of stuff too but it's never as good as the things I have donated to the woods.

I have found a old pair of Bushnell binos and i lost this last elk season my skinning knife. Must of fell out of my pack while cruising through the woods.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back