Love to hate?

Bullnuts

Mar 6, 2014
Interesting lead in to the elk site. I don\'t know if I\'ve ever hated the animal. I\'ve been eluded a few times, probably more than I\'ve been successful - scratch \"probably\" - but I think that has built a healthy respect for this animal and not a \'hate\'. You\'re right, though, one is never enough and every close encounter makes me want another one. Elk hunting is my drug of choice!

Bill,
Welcome.

Hate may be harsh. This hate is a recognition that it\'s an addiction. It to is my drug of choice.

Oh, welcome to the site.

AB

By about day 9 of being eluded, there is a fine line between hate and respect!

It becomes very clear why I enjoy killing them :evil:

Wecome, Bullnuts!

OH, all right. I probably don\'t hate the critters, but as someone suggested above, it gets close after 20-30 days waiting for one in a tree stand. Hate may not be the best way of expressing my feelings by that time. \"Ready to kill\", would be more appropriate. :)

After 50 weeks of waiting to hunt them, I think that generates a major \'Love/Hate\' relationship !

Brad: The difference between you and me is that I did without a bull last season, so I have a big head start on that love/hate thing. You have a measly 50 weeks. I have nearly two years and a lot of pent up frustration just stating into 2014. I can hardly wait to show them what I really think.

Even with all the rotten tricks they play on me, I still can\'t muster hatred for them. I reserve hatred for poisonous snakes, big hairy spiders, terrorists...Elk, I can only respect them. They teach me so many lessons every year, some I learn easily, some I learn hard, but I learn. Every year. So, on my quest to become the elk Jedi, I can only pocket those lessons and keep working hard to make the most of every opportunity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back