magic spot

Garrett Weaver

Dec 28, 2012
Anyone every shot an arrow that looks good thats just a bit high and a few inches back. I here a lot of stories about that magic spot where it looks like a good shot but it missed the liver and its just behind the lungs? I was looking on the elk anatomy post but didnt really see it?

I think the majority of shots you hear about like that are folks not actually seeing where their arrow hits.
I took a deer this year, swore up and down I hit it perfect. I mean I knew where that arrow hit, but when I recovered the deer that shot was 4"-5" behind where I swore I hit it. Plain and simple in the heat of the moment your eyes can play tricks on you.

I once shot at a deer. It jumped the string a little. Over his back about an inch or 2. Shot again & I'll be darned if I didn't hit him in the same spot.......

I work in radiology and you'd be amazed how little there is on the outside of your lungs, there just isn't much as you get farther from the heart.  I think you can hit the outer lungs and not kill it.  I read a Cardiologists article that said the same thing. I know I hit a moose a little back and low complete pass through.  That moose turned and ran uphill.  Blood was all pink and frothy I thought it was a done deal.  Tracked him several hundred yards that night, another 3/4 of a mile the next day all uphill.  After he bedded he just  quit bleeding. We  spent most the next day on hands and knees and circling with no luck, still makes me sick and I can't think about it before bed or I don't sleep.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back