Magnus Stingers

JohnFitzgerald

Mar 31, 2014
I bought some 2 blade Magnus Stingers to test out. Some buddies swear by them. So I\'m shelving my Slick Tricks for a few months of trial. Does anyone currently use the Stingers or plan to test them out? If so, maybe we can compare notes!

JF

John, I\'ve been shooting the Magnus 2 blade in 100 gr for quite a few years now. That said, I\'m not slaying animals left and right like Dan or Brad but have taken a few with those heads.

My bow set up is 62 lbs at 31.5\" draw. Arrow weight WITH 100 gr head is 396 gr. Last chrono was 296 fps(+/- 2 fps for CRS factor).

Complete pass throughs on 2 hogs I shot a couple years back. Not huge - biggest maybe 140 lbs. Whitetails complete pass through. Elk hit opposite shoulder but already went through heart so didn\'t matter.

Not saying a pass through is part of the equation just happens only the elk wasn\'t completely through. Blood trail on all has been very good except elk - only went 80 yards so not enough time for that metric. Including pic of heart - see low hit by fly! If too graphic, please remove as not my intent.
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->IMG_20150927_101056_033.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• IMG_20150927_101056_033.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
\"JohnFitzgerald\" said:
I bought some 2 blade Magnus Stingers to test out. Some buddies swear by them. So I\'m shelving my Slick Tricks for a few months of trial. Does anyone currently use the Stingers or plan to test them out? If so, maybe we can compare notes!

JF

I\'ve shot quite a few deer with them and the buzzcuts. Supposedly the Buzzcut does a bit more damage but overall I like the smooth blade of the Stinger. I am currently shooting the Black Hornet and like other heads it isn\'t perfect but I like the beefier blades and larger cut over the Stinger. That being said....you will be hard pressed to find a better performing head than the Stingers. They are deadly accurate, sharp and tough enough to get the job done. With the lifetime warranty they are hard to beat.

Here is a big mature doe I shot with a buzzcut. The blood trail was crazy. Possibly the best one I have ever had.

I shoot the 4 blades and also the black hornets. I get slightly better flight with the 4 blade stingers over the black hornets. The stingers group with my field points as far as I want to shoot them. They are scary sharp as well. I haven\'t killed anything but have complete confidence in them.

I switched last year from the montecs. I just could never get the montecs sharp even though I stuck a nice buck with one and it was a complete pass through and was sticking 3\" in the hard dirt 15 yards past the buck.

Been shooting 125 gr. 4 blade Stingers. They shoot like darts and group dead on with my field points. I use a KME broadhead sharpener to touch them up. Makes them dang scary sharp. Great head.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back