Making Videos

GoatT

Dec 28, 2012
Does anyone out there make there own hunting videos from their hunts and if so what can a guy like me get as far as equipment/software/hardware to make some good quality videos? Is there any specific software that you like in helping with the editing phase for video and audio? I have used the simple editing software you typically get with a new computer, but looking for the best bang for my buck.  Any manuals/tutorials that are good to look at?

Thanks for your help.

I am a big fan of the Sony Vegas video editing products. They have several price point  variations. I also create things for my vids in Adobe Photoshop and After effects.

Lots of good cameras around. If you want to make it great get something with XLR ports and buy a quality wireless mic. Good audio makes a big difference.

The two top indie filmmaker programs are Final Cut and Adobe Premier Pro. You could look for a used Final Cut Pro 7 or check out Adobe's Creative Cloud program (its a monthly payment for access to all of Adobe's programs - Video Editing, Graphic Design & Web Design for $50 a month)

I think you can pay monthly for Adobe Premier Pro CS6 program by itself as well, $20 a month i think?

Might be a great option if you are looking for a pro-level program and want to skip the hassle of the mid-range video edit programs. Just another option.

It all depends on what you want to spend and how serious you want to get. Editing software somewhat depends on if you run a Mac or PC. I think Macs are the way to go for any video, photo and graphic work.
If you run a PC and want to get something a step up from the free programs try Adobe Premier Elements its like $100, or if you run a Mac, Final Cut X is like $300 this is what I edit my stuff with at the moment.
Cameras, you get what you pay for.. Some are deff better for hunting than others, and yes audio is as important as video. The new DSLRs with HD video capabilities are great for getting cinematic type shots but are hard to use on a run and gun hunt. The new GOPROs are prob the best bang for you buck cameras but they are very limited..

Check out my vimeo page. https://vimeo.com/helmichoutdoor
Also there are tons of videos on the web, watch similar stuff to what you want to do, and many how to's.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back