Mathews Z7 timing

arik1

Dec 13, 2018
About a month ago, I had a new 60x string put on my Mathews z7. The Mathews guy at the store where I got it put on said he got it all tuned and shooting bullet holes thru paper. I got it home. shot it, and my groups are awesome. To the point I don't shoot at the same spot very often anymore for the sake of keeping all my arrows. But, here's where my question comes in. I was looking over my bow, for no particular reason, when I noticed the cable is nowhere near centered in the timing hole on the cam. Is this a big deal, or don't fix it if it ain't broke?

arik1 said:
About a month ago, I had a new 60x string put on my Mathews z7. The Mathews guy at the store where I got it put on said he got it all tuned and shooting bullet holes thru paper. I got it home. shot it, and my groups are awesome. To the point I don't shoot at the same spot very often anymore for the sake of keeping all my arrows. But, here's where my question comes in. I was looking over my bow, for no particular reason, when I noticed the cable is nowhere near centered in the timing hole on the cam. Is this a big deal, or don't fix it if it ain't broke?

My normal answer is if it aint broke then don't fix it, but not with this.
I think the window is there for a reason and I'd at least be calling mathews to discuss it.

Was it in the window when he put the string on?

Honestly, I didn't even look. Just shot it. Had the best 20 yard group I've ever shot with that bow so just ran with it.

arik1 said:
Honestly, I didn't even look. Just shot it. Had the best 20 yard group I've ever shot with that bow so just ran with it.

That's a tough one....
I'm getting it checked and it's only because I know the window is there for a reason.

I'd be wondering if anything else was out of whack too. Maybe your poundage is lower, FPS is lower, etc.

I'm going to shoot it thru paper and check all the measurements tomorrow and see how its sitting.

Update: Not messing with it. I dont know why it's working, but it's working. Everything checked out with the measurements, and its shooting like a dream. Come on September!

Attachments

• 20190707_102018.jpg
    20190707_102018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
I have the Matthews Z7 and I had my bow set up by a pro shop and it's not centre of the timing circle, but it shoots awesome. I was told that the timing is worse when it's centre of the timing window, myself and my hunting partner both shoot the same bow and they are both slightly off from centre of the timing window. I'll post a pic when I get chance, as i marked my timing spot with silver marker pen, my advice is don't worry about it too much .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back