Me and Sitka

I'm still trying to figure that one out I think the quality is awesome just wanting to see how durable it is. So far I love the light jacket but for 179.95 I dont know if I love ot that much. I think you can still get quality with less of a pricetag.

what does the KUIU run?  I love sitka gear and it holds up quite well...always open to other options though...

I just got my first pair of Sitka pants and while trying them out I have to say they are very comfortable and move with you well.  I love the optifade open country pattern as well.

I love the KUIU quality for their Attack Pants and Guide Jacket and like First Lite for its Merino products.  My recollection is that KUIU is just slightly less than Sitka, so if you can get the Sitka on sale, it might be a better deal.  KUIU on clearance is even better.  I wasn't in love with Sitka's camo pattern, so I have stayed away from Sitka.  It wasn't due to quality issues.

I have been using Sitka for a couple years now and never had a problem with it.  It seems to do the trick just like the other camo.  As for the price yeah its a little spendy but if you happen to work for the government there are websites out there that you can sign up for and get 40% off all Sitka gear. 

I think some of their gear is worth their weight in gold. Other items not so much. But, like any company, Sitka manufactures a lot of items and some are bound to be better than others.

Theydo limit who exactly can join but if you are able to join https://www.leoadventures.com then you are on your way to get a nice discount on sitka gear. I believe i paied 20.00 for a year membership to that site.  You also get a discount to a bunch of other websites that a great for the outdoors.  You can discounts on bivy tents, sleeping bags, backpacking items such as those small quick stoves etc...

Sitka is a no brainer IMO. Lightweight, functional, durable, and designs that are well thought out and for a specific reason. Doesn't get any better.

Depends on the product for me. I think some of their products that I've used have been incredible for my applications. The Ascent pants and core series work awesome for early season archery hunting as an example. Then there's some products like their Big Game pack line... The performance there just doesn't match up with the price IMO. Some of the smaller cu. packs aren't bad but their big packs are lacking. There's a reason that so many of the Sitka athletes are also Mystery Ranch athletes or use other types of packs.
The other place that I think you have to be careful is becoming too specialized. Because many products in their line up are so specific to one application, you need to make sure that the product does in fact match your situation or hunting style.
Is it worth the money?... depends on the piece and what you value as a hunter.

Love mine, and have yet to wear any out except for a pair of glove that I abused. Cant find any fault with durability and performance. The ascent and mountain pants are amazing, and the underwear too :)

To date I've had pretty good luck with my Sitka gear.  With the exception of my shooter glove which I wear every single day, I haven't worn/damaged anything yet.  Its hard to say if the price is worth it though, almost $400 for a pair of rain pants seems crazy to me too.  However, the first time you're in the woods for over 12 hours in the pouring rain and manage to stay dry makes you glad you made the investment. Super excited to try my new stormfront gaiters this year, think they will be the icing on the cake for my system.

I invested in Sitka this year, after watching some elk hunting videos with guys wearing it, it seemed like they were invisible to the elk.... so, I fully expect to disappear in the woods this year.

I love the pants and have found that they are very durable over the long haul.  I've gotten a few tears but that was from super sharp rocks up in Alaska and that was sliding down a rockslide after some sheep.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back