meat processors in Steamboat Springs, Co

mrjigger

Jan 9, 2013
Can anyone recommend a meat processor in the Steamboat area? If one of the three of us is lucky enough to harvest an Elk, I want to be able to drop off the quarters and head until we leave. Even if someone has a recommendation of a freezer just to store it in. We can handle the processing and packaging when we get home. Any help would be appreciated!

Steamboat meat and seafood is right in town. I think they are on Yampa st. I used them for a bull 2 years ago and was happy.  Do an online search and you'll find their website. You can print out their custom elk butchering list so you'll know what you want ahead of time. I would use them again this year if I'm lucky enough.
Shawn

Elk River Custom Wild Game Processing is fairly new in Steamboat. That may or not be a bad thing but I would just do a quick Google search and call a few places beforehand. 

Shawnr is correct Steamboat Meat and Seafood is right on Yampa Street across the street from the river.  I too will be hunting the Steamboat area and stopped in and talked with them over the 4th of July weekend.  They were kind enough to let me son use their restroom as he felt the call of nature when we were fishing. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back