Montana HD 293

montanadreamer

Sep 8, 2017
Looking to do a modified elk hunt in HD 293. Doing some on-line research in the hopes to target a couple areas due to limited time and resources and was wondering if anyone has some insite to areas I could focus o ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've never hunted that particular unit, but just like any OTC here in MT you will greatly benefit yourself by getting the OnX Maps program and cross reference public land/Google earth. That area is known to hold good elk numbers, and also the occasional griz. What season/time of year are you looking to hunt? And what do you mean by modified?

406_PackMule said:
I've never hunted that particular unit, but just like any OTC here in MT you will greatly benefit yourself by getting the OnX Maps program and cross reference public land/Google earth. That area is known to hold good elk numbers, and also the occasional griz. What season/time of year are you looking to hunt? And what do you mean by modified?
Modified means short....went out early season with my oldest son before he went off to grad school in Oregon, however, as you probably know, the smoke was pretty bad and opportunities were limited due to closures. Plus, we knew it was early pre rut.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back