motivate my first marathon

lang

Sep 29, 2013
First I would put this under training, but I know I don't look at that till atleast december. I am attempting my first marathon trying to raise some much needed funds for a camp for families that have lost children called Parker's Place. It is the only grief camp in the west for families, and they literally saved my own family. The first year we went my wife still wasn't getting out bed as the depression and pain were overwelming. So with three other little girls still in a new world they weren't quite sure of without thier oldest brother, I made everyone go. It was amazing, and gave us friends support and healing that we wouldn't find any other way.  I could go on for several pages about how great a resource this is.
The race is october 18th, but I know I am late getting this out (imagine a hunter procrastinating in the fall, I'm sure I'm the only one that's ever done it) so the link will stay open till the end of October. 100% of money raised is going directly to Parkers Place. Just click on the link and scroll down to the donate button near the bottom of the page. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
http://seizurefighters.blogspot.com/

I did it!  Probably not the smartest one for me to start with it has 1500 feet of elevation change and none of it was flat.  Everything after about mile 23 was brutally painful, and I had to stop to stretch multiple times.  But I did it, and was even able to walk the next day.

i did one when i was younger i didnt stop except to pee once it was awesome the .2 at the end was the longest i have ever ran seemed like it would never end i slowed down at 20 i guess that was the wall everyone talks about but i pushed through and it was a wonderful experience. now that being said i wont every do it again lol iv decided that id rather do 10 and 5 k races mud runs and stuff. more fun and more applicable to what i do in life. although i am starting to train for a triathlon not a full one but still run, swim, ride sounds like a blast. 

Ya I mentioned starting to swim and working towards a half ironman to my wife yesterday and as quick as I brought it up, she started throwing out words like " another addictive activity, and divorce".

lol i dont have one of those detouring factors you speak of no wife just me and my bow at the house not as warm at night but way better company than the wife i had.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back