Mountain Lion Hunting - No Dogs

frankh_541

Aug 9, 2013
Has anyone in here had luck with hunting Cats? The unit we normally hunt has a ton of cats so a buddy and I are going up there at the end of July to try and get one or four... Any advice, tricks or tips?????

I'm getting a tag now for NM,$42 ,2 for 1.  I see them every once in a while scouting or just driving down our roads. Not into dog hunting , just me. Carry a Win. 30-30, or my 9mm handy.

Got one while hunting elk.  Have called in a couple calling for coyotes, but never had a tag in my pocket.  This is the best web site for calling info I have ever seen hands down, lots of great info on this one.
www.rain-shadow.com

cowboystl1 said:
with out dogs id say predator hunting style some scent and decoy with electronic call

Completely agree with this.  I usually use predator calls to get them to come into range.

lang said:
Got one while hunting elk.  Have called in a couple calling for coyotes, but never had a tag in my pocket.  This is the best web site for calling info I have ever seen hands down, lots of great info on this one.
www.rain-shadow.com

Yeah I have ordered the full rain-shadow kit, we have tags, guns, bows, and a whole bunch of ambition to get a couple.... What kind of Coyote calls?

Bears and cats with no dogs is more difficult. I'm also not a fan of no dogs or bait, but some guys like it.

I agree that predictor calls will work sometimes. Keep in mind you'll call in bears too. If there's a lot of cats in the area you can also look for their kills. A cat will cover up their kill, and come back to feed on it later. You can try and catch one coming back to feed.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back