MT draw complete for me. Anyone else?

BMF11

Mar 21, 2014
I was successful for Big Game combo. Didn?t draw my elk permit. Anyone else check their status? I am curious if there were will be any leftover Big Game or elk combos. Hope everyone gets their desired tag, although not probable.

I was unsuccessful.  I had about a 25% shot at my unit, so I wasn't fully expecting a slam dunk.

Congrats on your big game combo.  :upthumb:

I drew an elk combo but not my permit. Now to find a good location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drew the Unit 410-20 elk permit in my first ever year of putting in as a non-resident! My buddies in MT didn?t believe me until I sent them a pic of my draw results...

jayjay24 said:
I drew the Unit 410-20 elk permit in my first ever year of putting in as a non-resident! My buddies in MT didn?t believe me until I sent them a pic of my draw results...

Congrats jayjay24, and welcome to the forum!  :welcome:

Thanks much! I?m a member of many forums and thought I was a member here but I guess I wasn?t so I joined today. Good to be here...

I didn?t draw my resident tag. FWP did a ?mock? draw last week which in my opinion shouldn?t have happened.  That could?ve been my number, who knows? That?s the problem.  They as a government agency should have enough together they don?t need to do a test draw. But that?s just my opinion even with that small percentage chance with points still it kind of irks me. But hey just another part of elk hunting right?  Congrats to those who did draw though!!!

jayjay24 said:
Thanks much! I?m a member of many forums and thought I was a member here but I guess I wasn?t so I joined today. Good to be here...

Welcome  :upthumb:

I'm the same way, I'm a member all over the place.... lol

Kdkehoe said:
I didn?t draw my resident tag. FWP did a ?mock? draw last week which in my opinion shouldn?t have happened.  That could?ve been my number, who knows? That?s the problem.  They as a government agency should have enough together they don?t need to do a test draw. But that?s just my opinion even with that small percentage chance with points still it kind of irks me. But hey just another part of elk hunting right?  Congrats to those who did draw though!!!

I was hoping you were going to snag that elusive tag this year!

I was fortunate enough to draw a general elk combo tag. This will be my first time hunting Montana and I am absolutely pumped about it.

Draw a non-resident general elk combo this year.  I have waiting and bought leftovers the last 3 years but last year there wasn't very many leftovers and I almost didn't get one.

Well i?ve got an extra Montana chip if anyone is in need.  And Dan yes, that elusive tag is so close I can almost tuck it in my wallet.  My points are accumulating so it?s only a matter of time. 

It is funny though how random it is.  The states best trophy area 270 in the Bitterroots is super super hard to draw and a coworkers nephew put in first time this year and BAM.

Kdkehoe said:
Well i?ve got an extra Montana chip if anyone is in need.  And Dan yes, that elusive tag is so close I can almost tuck it in my wallet.  My points are accumulating so it?s only a matter of time. 

It is funny though how random it is.  The states best trophy area 270 in the Bitterroots is super super hard to draw and a coworkers nephew put in first time this year and BAM.

Didn't you guys have a hunter who drew bighorn sheep twice in your state?

Not that I?m aware of. Moose sheep goat all have a 7 year layover for eligibility. Not sure what the supertag does if he drew that and hit the normal lottery maybe?  Peaked my interest though for sure.  Time to hit the research button!!!!

Kdkehoe said:
Not that I?m aware of. Moose sheep goat all have a 7 year layover for eligibility. Not sure what the supertag does if he drew that and hit the normal lottery maybe?  Peaked my interest though for sure.  Time to hit the research button!!!!

I'm pretty sure some guy drew it twice and a lot of people got upset about it! lol
I believe I heard it on a Randy Newberg podcast...

Heard there were left over non resident tags in Montana that are going to be available May-7th.  Anyone have any idea on how many?

Kdkehoe said:
Montana did a "mock" draw and it went ok? Wow, that's amazing since the sale of leftover elk combos got completely screwed up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back