Muzzle loader elk

whtelk

Jan 2, 2013
Any one here hunt elk with a smoke pole? I love hunting elk with the old front stuffer. I am 100% chance to draw my resident any elk this year in Oregon but ODFW changed the regs. Any elk out side of National forest, bull only in the boundry. I use to hunt only with my bow, now a cross over... please forgive me.... LOL.

What tag are you gonna draw?  I drew the strawberries muzzy hunt twice, killed a 5x6 the first time and never evern seen an elk the second trip.  I enjoyed the hunts just the lack of elk was frustrating.  Even the year I killed the bull I seen more mountain goats than elk on that trip.  Would like to do it more but I am still enjoying my bow season to much to convert completly.

Before they switched it they had the lake creek elliot and sitcom I believe. they rotated every year from bow rifle muzzleoader and those hunts were awesome with muzzleoaders, my dad and brother both got 5x6s when they drew the elliot tag. I might give it a try for deer, not sure yet.

I think I am gonna give one of themuzzy deer tags a try this next go round. Probably take a couple years as I just drew rifle tags this last year.

There is some nostalgic sense to hunting elk with the muzzle loader. I won't be able to do it for the next two years probably.

I have enough points to draw the South central Cascade elk tag. Last year I drew the any deer Metolius black powder. Great fun and shot a nice 3 point.

I have thought about going with ML here in WA because they actually get the better part of the rut hunting here but the bad part is they are very restricted in the units you can hunt because of it. So I stay with my bow...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back