muzzy phantom mx 100 grain

hooter44

May 20, 2013
has any one used the muzzy phantom mx series broadheads I got some and they fly great takes a little time to get em as sharp as I like em but they seem to be a good head anyone have in the field pros or cons?

Used them for a couple of seasons and loved them.  Recently switch to MX3's and can't say either one is better than the other, just like being able to put new blades and tips on my MX3's.  At the same times it's hard to be a cut on contact fixed blade.  I have a few of the MX Phantoms for sale if interested.  I posted them in the classifieds on here.

My buddy has shot them for several years and has had a complete pass through on an elk at 15 yards. He also shoulder shot one and got about 2 inches of penetration and the front of the broad head curled. I do not think any broad head can handle a dead hit on a shoulder bone. He has also shot several deer with great results.
I have been using the Muzzy BH with the tocar tips for several years, but have switched to the MX 4 Phantoms this year. I have already bought enough or I would jump on those Mtbowhunter is selling. I think a cut on contact is the best.

I should mention too that I had two complete through kills with them as well one at 40 and one at 20 both broadside.

I can say the the mx100's rip pigs up I picked a pack up to try them and shot some wild hogs they do a great job not hard to resharpen and cuts through armor plate with ease. They hold up to bone better than magnus's and have far better bleeders A+ for that especially for elk its a must the best most durable broadheads I've found are the Ulmer Edge.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back