my odd bucket list.

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
my hunting bucket list is odd.

you know what is on it?  i want to trap a beaver in the winter.  hahaha..i know ZERO about it. but the books i read as a tiny kid put it into my mind..

i read all the Jim Kgelgaard books once i learned how to read.  BIG RED was the first book i picked at a library.

are there even guides out there to help me pull this off?

I have trapped many. Beaver taste good too Cliff. I have caught Otter and a duck in my beaver traps. The otter was not in season yet in my area so I called the warden to come get it. He told me he actually caught a large mouth bass in a beaver set. :lol:

wow..there are guided trapper trips.  not cheap tho.

i am so gonna do this. 

Boom said:
wow..there are guided trapper trips.  not cheap tho.

i am so gonna do this.

We could put together a North Maine woods deer hunt/beaver trapping trip.

Two guys.....In the woods of Maine......eating beaver. Anyone else see a movie here, maybe with Stormie Daniels?

jstephens61 said:
Two guys.....In the woods of Maine......eating beaver. Anyone else see a movie here, maybe with Stormie Daniels?
Hahahahaha [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three items left on my hunting bucket list...
1) Follow the duck migration from Canada, hunting each state along the way...
2) Kill a black duck...
3) Kill a bull elk...
It appears none of the three will occur BUT MY BUCKET IS STILL VERY FULL!!!!!

Ol Arky said:
2) Kill a black duck...
3) Kill a bull elk...

your #1 is my #3! and vice versa! Where I grew up in NY we'd only be able to kill a couple ducks a day because at least 1/2 of the birds that went over in the morning were Blacks!

1)Kill a bull (fingers crossed this fall it'll happen)
2)Kill a Muley Buck
3)Hunt the whole migration in the Mississippi and Central Flyways
4)Kill a Cinnamon teal
5)Shoot a Banded Duck (Got 2 geese)

colorado russ said:
Phil, for #3, can you safely climb a 15' ladder stand?  Not sure that I can help but would love to if I can!

No tree stands of ladder stands for me for a while now.. As the years fly by the chance of any of the 3 fade... The migration deal will never happen. The black duck deal has a better chance than the elk since I?ve come to a point where much travel is more than I can handle..
Thanks for thinking of me but do the same for some youngster and I?d be satisfied...
Unless THINGS improve I want be able to do my regular week or two or three at deer camp is in jeopardy as is my few days duck hunting..

Shalako said:
Ol Arky said:
2) Kill a black duck...
3) Kill a bull elk...

your #1 is my #3! and vice versa! Where I grew up in NY we'd only be able to kill a couple ducks a day because at least 1/2 of the birds that went over in the morning were Blacks!

1)Kill a bull (fingers crossed this fall it'll happen)
2)Kill a Muley Buck
3)Hunt the whole migration in the Mississippi and Central Flyways
4)Kill a Cinnamon teal
5)Shoot a Banded Duck (Got 2 geese)

Believe it or not but I did kill a cinnamon teal in 1998 but it wasn?t while duck hunting.. It was while looking for elk near Walden Colorado... Hit him with my truck when he flew across the road near a waterfowl refuge...

Well, you've got plenty of us here thinking about you and hoping/praying you get stronger!  I wish I could get you somewhere in an ATV for a bull elk but still have the 14 hour or so drive to CO to contend with.

colorado russ said:
Well, you've got plenty of us here thinking about you and hoping/praying you get stronger!  I wish I could get you somewhere in an ATV for a bull elk but still have the 14 hour or so drive to CO to contend with.

Yep the long drive is almost out of the question.
Hopefully things are looking up. Thank the Lord, I?ve actually been pain free since early Saturday morning which is a giant step forward...
Thanks again for all ya?ll?s thoughts and prayers...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back