neat story on this buck

Last year after I shot my buck I decided to pull my cameras on a Sat. morning and after getting home and checking the cards, this deer had his portrait taken only 30 minutes before I got there. Rifle season was going to start in a few days so I called my son and a friend and and that evening they got into the two stands I have in that area. 30 minutes before dark I got a text from my son that the buck had just gone by him at 20 yds. heading West but he had no shot. The deer had never crossed an opening. My friend, Craig was North and East of my son so I thought that was probably it, however 10 minutes later I got a text from him saying he had just shot a pretty nice buck but wasn\'t sure if it was the one I had told him about. Long story short, it was. He made a great heart shot at 26 yds. and we had to pull it out of the creek. It won the big buck contest we\'re always in relegating mine to runner up! It scored 1... Well just guess.

Tim that\'s a great buck and cool to hear a friend got him and have live pics of him. I think that buck has more inches of horn on one side than any buck I have ever seen had total.

Man, you guys are pretty good! Jeff, you missed it by 1/8. The gross score was 179 7/8. Non typicals can be tough to score!

\"mainebrdr\" said:
Man, you guys are pretty good! Jeff, you missed it by 1/8. The gross score was 179 7/8. Non typicals can be tough to score!

Dang it...I knew I was being too generous :lol:

Seriously though...buck of a lifetime right there!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back