New Arrow Companies

ktowncamo

May 9, 2014
I'd like to throw this out there as I had a guy in my office yesterday from Element Arrows out of Pocatello Idaho. (http://elementarrows.com/) He told me about the new arrows he's making and his goal to have thousands of dealers one day. I love a guy with a dream and ambition and it got me thinking about the other arrow companies I've seen pop up recently - Victory, Black Eagle, Grizzly Stick, etc. (if you know more, please list them).

I also recently had a conversation with a guy that said he could get carbon arrows made if I was interested in starting a new line of arrows (not really that interested to be honest).  He cited that companies like Bass Pro and Cabelas are brands that he makes arrows for (cheaper price, standard carbon arrows)

So my question is this: Is there room for a pile of new arrow companies? Or will the "Big 3" (Easton, Carbon Express, Gold Tip) and the new comer (Victory) keep the lions share?

i switched from Beman to black eagle and am now on there field staff i like a small business and when i can will always buy from the little guy who i can call up vs a major corporation where i get directed to India. nothing  against the big boys i just prefer keeping it local and personal my self.

im getting ready to start a small business my self and dream of it being big one day but never to big to pick up the phone and talk to someone that has questions or that i can help. Thats another reason i shoot dirt nap broad heads now with great results. and a support line if i have a question he gets back to me asap. so my arrows are almost all small business and do big business three animals with the same arrow this year and watched them all drop two bucks and a yote.

another look at this is this website, Camo fire, extreme elk, etc all small but big business great support and customer feed back and service. if i email a company and it takes a week  or more to hear back i wont buy! i only hope is that more folks will head down this route.

Oh and P.S. i will be contacting Camo fire soon about my own business lol

Well good luck on your new biz and for sure let us know if we can help out in any way.

Funny thing, I just got an email from Deer Crossing Arrows. Never heard about them but I guess it doesn't surprise me that there's yet another arrow company out there. I love to see small business thrive and I love the mentality of small biz. I hope that as long as we (Elk101, Camofire, etc) grow that we won't lose the mentality and nimbleness of small biz.

Not the first time I've heard that about Dirt Nap.

I like to support the small business' also. I shoot one of the big three arrows because they work and have not let me down. If a new company comes along with a proven product that won't fail me I have no objections on trying it. I too shoot a Dirt Nap, Tom seems like a hoot from what I have read on their site, was nice to have a personalized note in with my broadheads when I ordered them. DRT's do the job also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUTTIN said:
I like to support the small business' also. I shoot one of the big three arrows because they work and have not let me down. If a new company comes along with a proven product that won't fail me I have no objections on trying it. I too shoot a Dirt Nap, Tom seems like a hoot from what I have read on their site, was nice to have a personalized note in with my broadheads when I ordered them. DRT's do the job also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah loved the note also emailed a question and had the same personal touch on there black friday sale i went ahead and got a full set of twelve and the sharpener.

SPOTnSTALK said:
It would be like introducing a "new" pair of blue jeans or soda pop. The industry is pretty locked in although the effort to try and "break through" is always plausible.

Great analogy.

Yea, it's super tough to change arrows at least for me. I've been an archer for now 8 seasons including this one coming up and I've always shot the FMJ. Just can't see myself really changing something I love and more importantly, TRUST.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back