new arrows?

AlexG

Sep 17, 2015
After this year I've decided that i want to change arrows from my injexions for more choice of broadheads. The main arrows i'm considering are the Gold tip pro or xt hunters, kinetic kaos, and easton axis, but i am open to other arrow suggestions. right now my draw length is 30'' at 70 pounds, and i'd like to have my arrow weight around 450-500 grains.

Thanks in advance.

I switched to CE Maxima Reds and have been very happy with them. I shoot 29 1/2 at 65# on my E35 and 70# on my Answer.

Easton Axis 340s  Always available, not ridiculously priced, good solid arrow.  I have 29 in draw and shoot 125g heads for total weight of 458g at 285 fps.

of your choices I would go with the axis, but you can also go with victory VAPs if you want a micro diameter arrow and an insert that allows for standard broadheads.

wapiti_will said:
of your choices I would go with the axis, but you can also go with victory VAPs if you want a micro diameter arrow and an insert that allows for standard broadheads.

I was thinking about going to the victory Vaps but not sure how durable the inserts are based on what a lot of people say. Not sure if it's true or not but they are to expensive to try lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kinetic Kaos would land you in the 450-500g range, and one nice thing about GT is their modular weight system. You can adjust point weight by screwing in additional weight into the back of your insert to increase overall arrow weight and FOC if desired, while still shooting the BH's you have.

I'm affiliated with GT, so I'm partial to their arrows, but I did shoot Axis for a long time and they are solid as well.

I upgraded my whole set up last year. I went with the Victory RIPs. They are .204 diameter arrow like the Axis. Larger than the VAPs but still a small diameter. I use the inserts that came with them and have only had one break. They are the half out style. That was my fault for missing the target and hitting a rock! Since the are the same diameter as the axis you can use the Hit inserts still if you want. I have a 30.5" draw and went with the Elite 300 spine. Finished arrow weight is 405 grains.

I used to use the CE maxima reds.  They were accurate but not very tough.

Using Gold tip kinetic hunters now, they are much tougher.  I like these arrows a lot.  I use the pin bushings and added 20 grain weights up front.  With 100 grain bh I'm at ~482.  I may go with the kinetic kaos eventually but they're pricey.

I'm at a 29" inch draw shooting 70#  I just purchased the black eagle Spartan 300 spine. I cut them to 28.5 " installed a 30 gr brass insert with a 100gr head.  my foc is around 13% and overall weight around 451 gr. I really like this set up and I'm shooting very good groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may get laughed out of this post but i actually shoot the 400 grain Beman ICS Pro Hunter Realtree's and i've been extremely impressed! Ive always shot Beman and have had no reason to go with anything else as they've been durable, FAST and extremely accurate. They arent quite as spendy as the maxima's or XT's but i think the performance is right up there with th others. 

Shooting Easton FMJ 340's out of 70# xpedition with a heavy twist in the fletch... Love this set up and it stabilizes really well. After a year of shooting them I never could get the goldtips to shoot well out of my bow.

Sickforit- nothing wrong with that set up, I shoot those in a 340 out of my traditional set up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back