New Bowstring Needed Help

bowhunter

Aug 26, 2015
So....Gary texted me wanting to know the number of the guy I used for my custom bowstrings. :shock: The guy is out of business. I have had his strings in my bow for the last 12 years. Now I have to find a new string maker.

What strings do you bowhunters use?

I use a Meta Peep. I have no dang tube on it. With the strings I have been getting made I would adjust once a year by giving the string a half twist and that peep ALLWAYS lined up from -10 to 95 degrees. My only problem was a little fuzz where it rubbed clothing carrying it. But the string maker said that was no problem and it never effected anything. I fell on some loose rocks last elk season and cut a couple strands and the thing is still working but needs replaced now. :oops:

I would give Twisted X Bowstrings a hard look. I currently have Shane\'s strings on both of my bows. I have had zero peep rotation or stretching from either set of strings. Both pairs were built to the exact length requiring zero adjustments to get the bows\' ata and brace height into spec. I would encourage you to at least check them out, but there are plenty of quality string builders around that deserve the business. A quick google search will pull up plenty. Just do some further investigation. Give them a call. Most string builders are more than happy to spend some time discussing your needs. This will tell you all you need to know.

I have good luck 60X bowstrings.

They have some pre-made that get here fast.
Just look up your bow make & model on their site.
Nice choice of colors too

My son shoots for Delta Force in Wynne, AR. I\'ve never been there but he has seen their operation and said it was state of the art. Each string/cable set is hand made one at a time. I don\'t know the guys name but I can find out if you want. I don\'t think he\'s expensive at all. A lot of tourney archers shoot his strings. You can choose the material and serving.

Here\'s Chase\'s strings. I don\'t care for the looks of them but they are natural, no dye. He claims strings without dye won\'t stretch. :roll: That\'s a little over my head. He\'s happy with them and he\'s picky. He shoots a monster peep with a clarifier made by Tommy Gomez. It hasnt turned on him. I\'ll probably give them a try when I change mine.

currently, i shoot an Elite bow, so i just use Winner\'s Choice. the things never move..i never even need to do an annual adjustment. figured they know Elite, since the company owns both the string and bow.

and i was told to never shoot a bow with cut strands. not worth it.

\"N&N Waterfowl\" said:
I would give Twisted X Bowstrings a hard look. I currently have Shane\'s strings on both of my bows. I have had zero peep rotation or stretching from either set of strings. Both pairs were built to the exact length requiring zero adjustments to get the bows\' ata and brace height into spec. I would encourage you to at least check them out, but there are plenty of quality string builders around that deserve the business. A quick google search will pull up plenty. Just do some further investigation. Give them a call. Most string builders are more than happy to spend some time discussing your needs. This will tell you all you need to know.

I like them too. The last strings I ordered were from him. At they time they were running a great sale and I bought them cheap. Great strings and they have probably the best end serving I have ever seen. I have owned a bunch of strings and most if not all of them are good but, when I reorder I will buy from Twisted X again.

Bucknasty makes some great strings. They are Mraz Enterprises Inc in Marshall N. C. Not sure if they are still in business. But they used to offer any color combination and several types of string material.

I have called Shane from Twisted X Bowstrings. I explained to him I have an OLD bow and have made modifications to it. I have to measure a few things on my bow and give him a call with the specs. I will do that soon and get a string ordered. Turkey season is just around the corner. Thanks for the replies.........

If they?re so great, why do you replace them every year? I get about 4 years out of Winners Choice or Vaper Trail.  I shoot a lot, but I also wax and maintain a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back