New gear for next season

ghost

Dec 28, 2012
What gear are you planning on buying or replacing for next season?

I have a few items myself that will not be on the field with me next season for one reason or another. In my case, I'm looking at new boots, replacing my rain gear which was way to noisy when walking, a GoPro camera and most likely new bow sights.

I'm buying new camo, researching boots and looking for a good all around range finder. 

Getting sitka gear for camo.
Considering some converse boots.
Looking for a range finder for both bow and rifle.  Like one to go out to 1500.

im in the market for a new day pack. looking at the flash 20 from sitka, but not dead set on it yet.  i have already recieved my new layering system from sitka. Now im in the market for a new pair of kenetreks, a new wall tent, and some more caribou game bags..

I have to replace a headlamp, and am debating on whether to go back with the Black Diamond Storm or replace it with a Zebra light.

Backpack Hunter said:
I have to replace a headlamp, and am debating on whether to go back with the Black Diamond Storm or replace it with a Zebra light.

I am about ready to pull the trigger on some Zebra lights.....too many positive reviews from real life elk hunters.

I have bought a lot of gear this year in preparation for next years elk season.  A few things are a mystery ranch crew cab pack w/ a daypack lid, a pair of kenetrek mountain extreme 400s, a princeton tec apex headlamp, goal zero nomad 7 solar panel w/ guide 10 battery charger, and a sawyer 4 liter water filter system.

Still have a lot of things to acquire over the next few years like a good set of binos (probly vortex), a gps, a spot connect or InReach, some merino wool clothing and kuiu rain gear, a gopro or contour camera, a set of calls, a good first aid/survival kit, still need a good sleeping bag.

the list will probably never end.

I want to upgrade my binos with something from Vortex, and I am looking at a Tenzing 1250 pack.

This past December was fortunate to pick up a Kuiu Icon frame and pack, and just purchased a pair of Sitka Timberline pants, but the biggest item I'm considering is picking up a Prime Impact!  :p

Some type of pad or insulation under my sleeping bag. Trying to decide on a new WB or going to a rip cord rest. I would really like to spend some money on a nice spotting scope but funds don't allow it at the moment. I would rather go hunting than have the all the fancy new stuff. 8)

BrentLaBere said:
Some type of pad or insulation under my sleeping bag. Trying to decide on a new WB or going to a rip cord rest. I would really like to spend some money on a nice spotting scope but funds don't allow it at the moment. I would rather go hunting than have the all the fancy new stuff. 8)

rip cord for sure

I can find multiple things i need to get every year and it never seems to end.  My wife gets mad when i tell her that im saving for some hunting gear and not spending it all on her.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back