New Guy from Washington (and Florida too)

Flying Forester

Jul 7, 2015
Greetings all,

I am Markus.  I call Washington State home, but am currently living in Jensen Beach, Florida where I work as an executive/corporate pilot for a citrus products company.  After several years of thinking about I finally realized that elk hunting wouldn't become a part of my life unless I went out and MADE IT a part of my life.  I come form an elk hunting family, so it's not a totally new world to me; and I have always had an serious interest and desire, but life had it's way and thus I have never had the honor of a hunt myself...yet.  So I am here to make it happen by learning, listening, and preparing. 

Glad to be hear!  Happy, Safe and Ethical Hunting!

Semper Fi,

Markus

Welcome, you will sure find a lot of info here and a lot of help with tuning issues and gear issues.

nastybynature said:
Whereabouts in WA are you? I am in Vancouver myself. Also a newbie.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hey Nasty,

I've got quite a few friends in the Vancouver area.  I used to fly for Horizon and a lot of the PDX-based guys I worked with lived on the Washington side for obvious tax reasons.  We are in Fircrest, which is in the Tacoma area, not far from the Narrows Bridge. We keep a house there, but we spend the majority of our time in Florida.  I am a pilot, so it makes it hard to get enough time to spend much time out west where I want to be. How much of a newbie are you?  I am still in the research, study, and training phase myself.  I am not new to hunting, but my experience has been limited to deer in Georgia on private land...in a deer stand.  Pretty boring in comparison to elk.  Don't hesitate to shoot me a message.  Maybe we can share information, etc...

Happy Hunting...

Flying Forester said:
nastybynature said:
Whereabouts in WA are you? I am in Vancouver myself. Also a newbie.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hey Nasty,

I've got quite a few friends in the Vancouver area.  I used to fly for Horizon and a lot of the PDX-based guys I worked with lived on the Washington side for obvious tax reasons.  We are in Fircrest, which is in the Tacoma area, not far from the Narrows Bridge. We keep a house there, but we spend the majority of our time in Florida.  I am a pilot, so it makes it hard to get enough time to spend much time out west where I want to be. How much of a newbie are you?  I am still in the research, study, and training phase myself.  I am not new to hunting, but my experience has been limited to deer in Georgia on private land...in a deer stand.  Pretty boring in comparison to elk.  Don't hesitate to shoot me a message.  Maybe we can share information, etc...

Happy Hunting...

I am a greenhorn most would likely say.[emoji2] Not new to camping or the outdoors and have caught my share of Salmon, steelhead, sturgeon and trout but haven't fished in a few years now. I have always been a gun guy and have a rem700 in 30-06 with a timney for hunting. My 9 year old son has a 7mm-08 Savage Axis youth model that he shoots very well. His range safety is better than many adults you see these days and the instructors for his hunter safety course last year were very impressed and full of compliments.

I did some scouting last year up at St. Helen's and even saw a herd of cows while I was doing that. I had planned on going hunting last year for the first time, but the Wiff and I had our last kiddo in September, so I opted to stay home and help with the newborn.

This year it will take much more than a newborn to stop me from going! [emoji12] I have been doing a bit more scouting and bought a couple trail cams to help with that. Been doing lots of research on behavior, tactics and gear. And recently purchased my first bow with the idea I may be ready for bow season in 2016. I just know that I enjoy my bow and also bow hunters have the longest season because they can hunt during muzzy and rifle season as well.

Now that I hijacked your thread, I will shut up. Feel free to pm me anytime as well. [emoji106]

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back