New Headlamp - Fenix HL50 Headlamp

AaronJohnson

Mar 4, 2014
I just picked up a new Fenix Headlamp this last week. I had lost my Princeton Tec headlamp last elk season and replaced it for the remainder of the season with a cheaper headlamp.

I currently own a PD30 tactical flashlight that I carry in my truck and it has been a really solid light so after some shopping I thought I would give Fenix a look.

This light\'s functionality is similar to that of a Zebra light but probably a little more rigid. I received it this week and I really like it so far. Really light weight weighing less than 2 oz and very small. I really don\'t notice it wearing a hat and having it on my head.

It runs on either (1) CR123 or (1) AA - Lithium recommended.

It has 4 modes which are Low - 4 lumens, Mid - 60 Lumens - High - 170 Lumens Burst - 365 Lumens.

You can also take it off and use it as a handheld. It\'s roughly the size of a mid-sized cigarette lighter.

Waterproof up to 2 meters.

The only downside to some of the reviews it that people said that it came on easily when packed. I can definitely see that as a possibility so I\'ll have to be careful where I put it. That said, that is a common issue with a lot of headlamps.

I recieved mine shipped for around $43.00 with 3 CR123 batteries. If you sign up for the newsletter on their website they take $10.00 off your first order of $50 and shipping is free.

Attachments

• IMG_2100.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 176
\"elky McElkerson\" said:
The batteries are not sized the same. How does it all fit?

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Elky - good point that I missed in my write up. Here is the adapter that switches out to one AA. Just makes it a tad longer

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    868.5 KB · Views: 153
Awesome! Very similar to my zebra light. As far as it turning on when packed, if it\'s like my zebra light, you can loosen the battery cap ever so slightly to keep it from turning on inadvertently. It\'s been a handy feature, just tighten it back up a twist and your back in business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

\"AaronJohnson\" said:
I just picked up a new Fenix Headlamp this last week. I had lost my Princeton Tec headlamp last elk season and replaced it for the remainder of the season with a cheaper headlamp.

I currently own a PD30 tactical flashlight that I carry in my truck and it has been a really solid light so after some shopping I thought I would give Fenix a look.

This light\'s functionality is similar to that of a Zebra light but probably a little more rigid. I received it this week and I really like it so far. Really light weight weighing less than 2 oz and very small. I really don\'t notice it wearing a hat and having it on my head.

It runs on either (1) CR123 or (1) AA - Lithium recommended.

It has 4 modes which are Low - 4 lumens, Mid - 60 Lumens - High - 170 Lumens Burst - 365 Lumens.

You can also take it off and use it as a handheld. It\'s roughly the size of a mid-sized cigarette lighter.

Waterproof up to 2 meters.

The only downside to some of the reviews it that people said that it came on easily when packed. I can definitely see that as a possibility so I\'ll have to be careful where I put it. That said, that is a common issue with a lot of headlamps.

I recieved mine shipped for around $43.00 with 3 CR123 batteries. If you sign up for the newsletter on their website they take $10.00 off your first order of $50 and shipping is free.

Thanks for the post. I need a new headlamp. For some reason my princeton tec wouldn\'t resist the boot attached to a 240 lb man in WY last year. This seems like a really good deal on a quality light.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back